Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Flipped Tie Rod Drag Link ??? What does that mean ???

Old 12-26-2017, 05:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flipped Tie Rod Drag Link ??? What does that mean ???

I would like to install a beefier and stronger tie rod and drag link but I don't know the difference of some of the kits available. Terraflex for example has an HD tie rod and drag link kit and they also have HD tie rod with flipped drag link kit. What is "flipped" mean and what does that get me? Which do I choose? For some background info...I have a lifted 2 door 2014 Jeep JK Rubicon with a 3" Rock Krawler X Factor lift. I'm currently running 35" tires. I do wheel my Jeep. Thank you in advance for suggestions and replies and I'm sorry if I'm not in the correct forum for this.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:36 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 289 Posts

Flipped means that you drill out your knuckle and run the drag link on top of the knuckle instead of under the arm. You flip the link up top. You also need to run a raised track bar bracket on the axle so you keep the two links parallel. This is something to look into if you are running 3.5" or more of lift since it limits your up travel due to the frame and requires 3.5" of extra bump stop. It is often referred to as a high steer kit or option.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran a Synergy high steer on a JKUR with 2.5in lift and 3in bump stop and it never hit the frame. The recommendation is 3.5in but it can be done with 2.5in.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use the YETI "no-drill" flip drag link, works perfectly with my raised track bar bracket. Gives me much more clearance as well!

Quick Reply: Flipped Tie Rod Drag Link ??? What does that mean ???