Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Getting the wax off the plastic

Old 06-25-2007, 03:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting the wax off the plastic

I washed my jeep yesterday and used some mothers wax to give it that nice shine. Only problem. I have white marks on the plastic where the wax got on it. It doesn't seem to want to come off. Anyone have any ideas.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:30 PM
JK Newbie

You can get a product Mother's "Back to Black". I used that on my RX-8.

Tips to avoid this in the future: Apply a healthy coat of armor all to the plastic parts before waxing... or switch waxes. I use Turtle Wax ICE liquid polish on the plastics.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

take an eraser, very easy
Old 06-26-2007, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks. I'll try the eraser tonight. Then get some of the back to black for future apps.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default vinegar

Originally Posted by rbrough1010
I washed my jeep yesterday and used some mothers wax to give it that nice shine. Only problem. I have white marks on the plastic where the wax got on it. It doesn't seem to want to come off. Anyone have any ideas.
I like the eraser idea. I'll have to try that. I've always used 1/2 cup vinegar in a gallon of water. This will take the wax off. But the eraser is probably safer around the paint.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Why not just buy the wax that will not affect the black plastic parts....
Old 06-26-2007, 03:44 PM
JK Newbie

use Zaino. Possibly the best wax ever. You can get it on plastic with no problems, buffs without residue and has the best shine ever. Like glass.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by raykru
use Zaino. Possibly the best wax ever. You can get it on plastic with no problems, buffs without residue and has the best shine ever. Like glass.
^I agree. Zaino is a bit pricey though, I use it on my Z06 and my 67 Camaro. Zaino has a great finish, but I would want something with a bit more protection that what Zaino offers though!!

Quick Reply: Getting the wax off the plastic