Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Got a new Camper!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:06 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm just kidding... My parent's took us camping all the time... in our Jayco Pop-up trailer. Then they upgraded to a 35' prowler with slide outs. Now they're in their 37' fifth wheel... with ceiling fans... leather rockers... and such.

It's nothing compared to real camping (which I've done many times), but I guess when you live in the city, any where you don't get cell phone reception is camping! Plus it makes for a great weekend get away.
Old 01-11-2008, 02:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
That's not camping!!!
X2. For real camping, you're in a tent. For the best camping, the JK gets you to the trailhead. Then you carry the tent on your back. And I camp at least 50-60 nights a year.

Last edited by Mark Doiron; 01-11-2008 at 02:25 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats RotorHead...I have the same camper and the JK is a good tow vehicle for it. My family had a great time in our first summer with this camper. Good luck and Enjoy !!!

Old 01-11-2008, 04:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HG97TJ
Congrats RotorHead...I have the same camper and the JK is a good tow vehicle for it. My family had a great time in our first summer with this camper. Good luck and Enjoy !!!

Wow. Good to know there's another cool guy like me out there. What's your impression on vehicle performance and coolness of the camper after using it for a while.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

I just noticed your window on the left side is smaller. Is yours an '07?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by RotorHead
I just noticed your window on the left side is smaller. Is yours an '07?
I was just looking at the layout of yours and thinking the same thing. Mine is an '06 and it seemed the table and kitchen counter were relocated in your '07 model. I had no troubles towing it as we camped about 6 or 7 times this past summer. The weight distribution hitch really helps...I hardly noticed the trailer is back there when towing. You may find it handy to relocated your 7-pin plug like I did if you of-road at all. Mine was ripped off on the trail before I moved it up to the bumper.

All in all we love the camper and cain't wait to get it back out in the spring. I hope to bring it to Camp Jeep this year instead of staying at a hotel. I'm curious where you mounted the brake contraller in the JK. Mine is mounted on the dash to the left of the steering wheel/turn signal arm and is out of the way for the most part.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

that's a sweet camper... how much $$$? I've been looking for a pop up, but if those are only 2500#, and the price is right, that looks like it'd work
Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RotorHead
This was my other choice. I would have deffinately painted this one red.

now thats more of my camper! Got some more info on this one? like a website
Old 01-11-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BigJerm
now thats more of my camper! Got some more info on this one? like a website
That's a Fleetwood Evolution E2. They have three sizes E1, E2, and E3. Both the E2 and the E3 have a deck that will hold 800 lbs. The E1 has a smaller deck, but still holds about 600 lbs, I think. They're expensive though. The E3 lists for 16.5 k, but Peco Camping sells them for 13k. They weigh about the same as mine. The list on mine was 16, but I got it for 12.5 k with no haggle.

The evolution pop ups are deffinately cool. I would have been able to tow my motorcycle on the front too, but I opted for the luxury of being able to enter the camper when the beds are in. Plus there is a world of difference in the bathroom for the girlies. The biggest thing for me is that I don't have to load and unload at every stop.

Go here to check them out.

xxxwww.pecocamping.comxx

Last edited by RotorHead; 01-11-2008 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
X2. For real camping, you're in a tent. For the best camping, the JK gets you to the trailhead. Then you carry the tent on your back. And I camp at least 50-60 nights a year.

Those pictures are great, you don't ever see anything like that back here in georgia

Quick Reply: Got a new Camper!!!