Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

GPS mounted to center stack

Old 08-31-2007, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GPS mounted to center stack

I've got a Lowrance IFinder, it came with the suction cup windshield mount. I really don't like things mounted to my window with a suction cup. So I found and Ipod mounting bracket at Best Buy, all I needed was the metal bracket part, I think you can order these online without the ipod parts.

The bracket can be bent to just about any configuration, so i put it in the vise and made two bends (sorry no pics of that). Anyway, I pulled the front cover from the dash, then pulled the stereo out a little and slid the bracket behind it and put the screws back in, one goes through the bracket and then it is bent around two corners so it's not going anywhere. Sorry, again I wish I had pics of that. But I can talk you through it or illustrate it if needed. Once you get it off it's pretty self explanatory.

I ended up taking the suction cup mount apart and robbed half of the ball swivel, the part that the GPS bracket snaps into, then used half of the Ipod one. Lucked out and they matched good enough to work, had to use a longer screw to hold them together, and for it to fit you see the hole in the plate w/the silver screw in the back.

Anyway, anything you have that you would want to mount would go perfect like this, you can mount anything to the bracket. But here's mine.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:19 PM
JK Newbie

Well Done!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

any problems with satellite reception when it's mounted there?
Old 09-03-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I’ve seen here a few installs that are mounted just in front of air con vents, which I believe it will eventually cause damage to the screen. Your install seems just perfect.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks, I have no problem with reception, I tested it for that before I mounted it there. I think the soft top helps, I know my SIRIUS goes through it because that antenna is mounted on my roll bar. I guess they work the same.

Yeah, I've seen accessories mounted in front of the vents too. I need all the ventilation I can get so I avoid blocking them.

The position I have it is easy to see and touch, plus it is low and not easy to see from a distance outside of the jeep. One more reason I don't like suction cup mounts because it's an advertisement that you have easy-to-steal electronics on board. Now if I can find a bracket for my Sat. radio to mount from the top.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:01 PM
JK Freak

looks good...yea mine works fine too....altho i sometimes lose reception with a good amount of trees to oneside or the other...

Quick Reply: GPS mounted to center stack