Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Help Finding Military Star Decal

Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Finding Military Star Decal

Hello,
Probably not the right forum, but figured anyone but me most likely knows.
Where can I find the black star in the cut circle decal that I see on the sides of many of your jeeps. I would really like to get two of those so any direction or advice is appreciated. Thanks
Old 01-04-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I had a local sign shop make mine using 9-year exterior rated vinyl. He charged me $9 each.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kiker67
I had a local sign shop make mine using 9-year exterior rated vinyl. He charged me $9 each.

You should buy more... and sell them for $12 on ebay (or $9 for JK Forum members ). That looks good. If I had a green, I'd buy 6 (covering me for the next 27 years )
Old 01-04-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never understud why they could NEVER GET IT RIGHT!!!!! the lines in the circle shood be strate!! It was a stele they used in WWII in europe and north africa. all allied forces had a star in WWII, but from the air the star was hard to tell apart from the nazi swastika, so they painted a circle arond all of the starts (but not the one on the bumper because there was not enofe room). some of the circles were very thick and some where thin. they shood be 3/4 the thickness of the star, but G.I.'s dont what to do math and just made them what ever size they wanted.

here is the starts that I made for my jeep. BTW I make decales for a liveing.

Old 01-05-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I actually designed my star a couple of years ago, before I had even seen the stars on the old Willys. I am building a homebuilt airplane and want a military trainer aircraft look to it and designed the star for that. After getting my Jeep and seeing the other stars people on this forum had, I decided to use that design. None of the other stars I had seen had the bars at the sides. I think the bars make it look more air force like, to go with my interest in aviation.

Quick Reply: Help Finding Military Star Decal