Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

HEMI Experience

Old 01-13-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littlejon
They can be done, but the computer is still set for the auto. There is no program for the manual with the Hemi available to the aftermarket. It can be done, but can not be done "right".
Interesting. So how would this affect the swap?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Interesting. So how would this affect the swap?
I think you get different horse power numbers, and the engine output is limited more in first gear when running the manual to keep from smoking the tires. Also the timeing, tune, etc... are all a little different to get optimal performance with the manuals gear ratio.

Last edited by Littlejon; 01-13-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hemi swap

MK-Dubai Look at the Screaming Lizard Custom web site and email Gerry with any and all questions. He will be glad to answer any question you could ever imagine. Also you can check out the 5.7 6 spd std Hemi swap they are performing on my JK.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:33 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Here to help just let me know how I can.

Just unloaded the JK and will get started soon!!

This going to be awesome.

Gerry
Old 01-14-2009, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hemi Swap

Gerry, thanks for all the effort you DA MAN!!!!!

Thanks.Tim
Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

i cant wait to see the end result...

and thanks for all the info.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by G.I.JOE¤MFA¤
ive been talking with 4ws.com and plan on a 6.1 hemi manual as well. here is their reply:

looks like the 6.1 manual transmission could be coming together with 4ws.com and the other conversion shops around the country. ill keep you informed as i get it
i would be extremely gratefull bro. thanks
Old 01-18-2009, 10:37 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

I definitley want to do a 6.1L 6SPD. need a JK owner that wants to do one. I have a customer in Texas that wants to do a 6.4L and i think that will be really cool.

Gerry
Old 01-20-2009, 05:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know for the 6.1 AEV is working on some new programming for it so you can run the same tranny from the SRT packages which will keep it within its power band better, and give better performance. At the moment with the 6.1 there is a dead spot under hard acceleration because the 5-45 RFE transmission isn't as closely geared as the SRT ones.
Old 01-22-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by G.I.JOE¤MFA¤

ive been researching a lot recently and can get a crate 6.1 hemi for around $5,000-$7,000 depending on the vendor. obviously we can pick a salvage and save some cash there. best to pick one up that is the same model year as your JK or newer to meet emission requirements.
Point us all in the direction of a place to get a crate 6.1L for 5k please. The cheapest I've seen one is from Park Jeep, who supplies BOR with theirs, and that was $6500 and from everything I've seen, that was a steal.

And $18.5-20k is the cost to have a shop do a 5.7L. None of the big boys will do one for that price sadly. Something about making a profit or something lame like that. lol

Edit: Since it's sometimes hard to tell tone, I'd like to make it clear my last sentence was said tongue in cheek. The prices, while quite a bit more than the cost of a do-it-yourself build, are all relatively similiar between the big shops and in the end it would seem that paying a premium in exchange for great service and above all experience is well worth it.

Last edited by SaharaBlackNo1; 01-22-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Quick Reply: HEMI Experience