Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

high centered 4 dr. my only down fall today!

Old 02-10-2008, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default high centered 4 dr. my only down fall today!

welll this is the only problem i had today. let me explain this first. we came down in a hill came back this trail about a mile or so. then it comes up to a small pond (large puddle) went around puddle and got a running start up a steep hill climb and then as soon as you make it to the top it drops off the other side to a frozen lake about 20 ft deep i was told. so we stayed hard to the right and got a running shot at this hill. all the tj's (that made it up the first hill with lockers, the one that were open couldn t make it up the first even thought i am open) and the other jk made it no problems up the second hill, but i got high centered because right at the top the ruts got about a foot deep and then almost went straight up. i had to have 2 jeeps pull me out, plus i had to back down the hill before that to get out of those ruts. had fun and we made it out! this was my first time ever like this and all in my 2 week old jeep me and my wife were a little freaking out while my 2 year old was in the back playing with his legos! he didn t even care!

you can see in the middle left of the picture the frozen lake behind me! that was in the back of my head the whole time!

Last edited by greasemonkey85; 02-10-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

yep 10-4! there was 3 inches of snow that made stuff interesting. we did a rock garden that was actually a black trail and i had no problems. just took it slow and easy. there were a few tjs that were open who couldn t make it up the first hill. so they turned around and went back but ended up winching out anyway at the entrance. i made it up the first hill in second gear WOT on the third try. but the other side were the pics are i took a few shots and tried to get around those ruts but i just kept sliding sideways.

here is a shot at winch hill which i also went up no problemo!

Old 02-10-2008, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Nice to see the new JK's being used. My wife and I tried to get into our cabin today there was 3'6" of really dense snow on the driveway in 4 hi I was digging in to much but in 4 lo and the axles locked up we were able get up on top sinking in about 12". We made it in about 1/2 a mile, parked and walked in the rest of the way (another 1/2 mile) I knew I wouldn't make it up the last hill. I was impressed with the new JK we have only had ours a month I haven't been able to drive it until this week thanks to a knee injury the weekend after it came in. I guess I should have taken the camera.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

man i couldn t believe some of the stuff we were doing in my jeep. here is more picks of my brother in laws jeep on yellow jacket ridge. i didn t do yellow jacket but we did some earlier rock beds like this with no off camber situations that my jk had no problem going over, but a stock tj rubi took forever and extreme spotting and moving rocks around. he held me up!

Quick Reply: high centered 4 dr. my only down fall today!