Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

hit a deer

Old 10-17-2010, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerrod710
Is your insurance going to cover this? By the way folks, for the tons of people that believe insurance companies or the law calls it an act of God, nope. Not the case, falls under collision. I have hit 11 in last 3 years, plus one elk in Colorado. And the insurance company requested proof of pictures of the animal I hit and needed to find evidence on the vehicle such as fur and/or blood.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
You should have taken a photo on your phone over the deer with a BIG middle finger then submit it to the insurance company. Because you know they are going to decline it anyway.
Old 10-17-2010, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mwbmorley
You should have taken a photo on your phone over the deer with a BIG middle finger then submit it to the insurance company. Because you know they are going to decline it anyway.
He did say he called the police out to put the deer down so maybe they gave him a copy of the police report with that information, maybe they would possibly consider that proof. Just maybe by some small luck or chance they won't request proof and will just work out smoothly and perfectly.

Old 10-17-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thebled78250
Maybe it's time for you to shop around for a new company. I work at a large insurance company and all deer collisions are considered comprehensive losses. You were right about the proof though. We always tell our members not to wash or clean the vehicle after an animal collision.
This was the companies insurance company I was driving for, not mine. I haven't experienced any of my personal auto insurance for anything, not even an animal strike. But yeah, the company wanted pictures, each instance. Guess that's something maybe a lot of people have tried to say falsely reporting an incident to get coverage.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H.I.I.K
Seriously what were you thinking, 9mm are standard government issued not .45 geez.
Standard issue is 40 cal in most precincts. Most law enforcement are not fans of 9mm cause they don't do enough damage and plus ricochet more making it more of a safety issue for bystanders and risk of lawsuit for the department. 40 cal is right in the middle of a 9mm and a 45 cal. It's about just right, plus recoil is minimum.

Old 10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H.I.I.K
Seriously what were you thinking, 9mm are standard government issued not .45 geez.
not true. cops here are issued .4O cals.

edit: u bet me too it Jerrod

Last edited by Randonizer; 10-17-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I did a lot of research before I bought my handgun. I was going to get a 9mm but the guy at the police supply store told me what police use as side arms and why and I bought a 40 cal Glock as well. Especially if I had to use it I wouldn't want the person I had to use deadly force against in protecting myself to live to just turn around and sue me!

Quick Reply: hit a deer