Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

How bad is it Doc???

Old 02-18-2009, 10:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy How bad is it Doc???

my wife just called me and told me she had a little accident in the jeep tonight, said she was at a stop and went to turn left into a parking lot where the city is doing construction and hit a big concrete curb or something. luckily she was not going fats and didnt get hurt or anything. the fron bump held up good, no damage (Smittybilt SRC). i am in iraq so i have not seen the damage myself but she sent me pics. any body seen this before?

looks like the front drivers control arm bracket took the impact all the way to the frame. inssurance adjuster was already at the house to take pics and give info.

Thoughts???
Old 02-19-2009, 01:09 AM
JK Freak

If thats all She damaged I think I would pay the repair out of pocket to keep my insurance from going up.
Old 02-19-2009, 01:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I agree , order a new lower arm bracket and maybe an arm if it is bent and take to a welding shop and then front end alignment, imo and THANK YOU FOR SERVING YOUR COUNTRY..
Old 02-19-2009, 02:03 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino64
If thats all She damaged I think I would pay the repair out of pocket to keep my insurance from going up.
Originally Posted by dads jk
I agree , order a new lower arm bracket and maybe an arm if it is bent and take to a welding shop ...
I agree. Except the decision to keep insurance out of it should have been made when the collision deductible was set. Why pay for coverage if when the time to use it comes, you chose to not do so? Doesn't make sense to me.
Old 02-19-2009, 02:19 AM
JK Freak

Well when you file a claim you rates usually increase for a 3-5year period before they return to normal. The damage doesn't look that costly and if the rates go up you will probably end up paying more over that period at least thats been my experience.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great time to have control arm skids welded on as well.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rhino64
Well when you file a claim you rates usually increase for a 3-5year period before they return to normal. The damage doesn't look that costly and if the rates go up you will probably end up paying more over that period at least thats been my experience.
x2 not worth the premiums. I would pay for it out of pocket.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I agree. Except the decision to keep insurance out of it should have been made when the collision deductible was set. Why pay for coverage if when the time to use it comes, you chose to not do so? Doesn't make sense to me.

I have to agree with you, thats why we pay for it every month. I have only ever had one accident and it wasnt much of one really. When my insurance peeps told me there was a chance my rates could increase I told them I would drop them, my rates have not increased.
Old 02-19-2009, 05:36 AM
JK Super Freak

If your deductible is $500, like most people, don't get the insurance company involved. The repair should NOT be that much. If it is over $500, it won't be over by much. Just have to weigh your options.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000
Is it me or does that look like gear oil leaking around the control arm mount?

I see the spot your referring too I don't think its oil but can't be sure from the pic.

Quick Reply: How bad is it Doc???