Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

How can Jeep Wrangler do this on ICE???

Old 03-01-2018, 10:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can Jeep Wrangler do this on ICE???

Can anyone explain how is it possible to go this narrow on ICE and still have full traction on all weather tyres?

It makes no sense but still it is possible. It is heavy ice and elevation is 15-20%

Outside temperature was almost -20C, extreme weather

Old 03-02-2018, 01:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Since that is a Sport, it did not come with lockers from the factory to prevent wheel spin (one tire breaking free and thus receiving all power on that axle). However, all JKs have brake locking differential (BLD). Suggest you look that up for a discussion of how that helps in situations like in the video.
Old 03-02-2018, 02:16 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Since that is a Sport, it did not come with lockers from the factory to prevent wheel spin (one tire breaking free and thus receiving all power on that axle). However, all JKs have brake locking differential (BLD). Suggest you look that up for a discussion of how that helps in situations like in the video.
I am familiar with locker and BLD but I am not sure that BLD comes with Jeep Wrangler 2007 on Diesel for EU market? Also keep in mind that TCS is off here
Old 03-02-2018, 04:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by wranglercalls911
I am familiar with locker and BLD but I am not sure that BLD comes with Jeep Wrangler 2007 on Diesel for EU market? Also keep in mind that TCS is off here
I'd be willing to bet you have BLD. Look it up in your owner's manual.

Also, when all of the ESP and traction control stuff is turned off in the normal way with the button on the panel, BLD remains active.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Do you know when traction control is partial off what is switched off an what is switched off when traction control it is fully turned off (5 sec hold on a button)?
Old 03-02-2018, 01:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 163 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by wranglercalls911
Do you know when traction control is partial off what is switched off an what is switched off when traction control it is fully turned off (5 sec hold on a button)?
This is from a few years ago. I can't guarantee it's the way it is with the later models, or the Euro models.
The following users liked this post:
wranglercalls911 (03-03-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 03:06 AM
JK Newbie

Wow,thats it, tnx million times

Quick Reply: How can Jeep Wrangler do this on ICE???