Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

How should i customize my 2010 wrangler sport???

Old 06-18-2010, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How should i customize my 2010 wrangler sport???

I'll be going to queens for college soon and there's hella places to go off-roading 30-40 miles north of manhattan..so ima hit that up. I just wana know how i should go about customizing my wrangler so that it can off road but at the same time do well in city and hwy. Should i do a body or suspension lift..and what kind of tires. Oh!!!! btw..how do u hit donuts in a wrangler?..thanks brahs.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rancid253
I'll be going to queens for college soon and there's hella places to go off-roading 30-40 miles north of manhattan..so ima hit that up. I just wana know how i should go about customizing my wrangler so that it can off road but at the same time do well in city and hwy. Should i do a body or suspension lift..and what kind of tires. Oh!!!! btw..how do u hit donuts in a wrangler?..thanks brahs.
Chrome... Lots of Chrome...
Old 06-18-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Freak

Default Don't be in a hurry.

My advice would be not to be in too big of a hurry. Spend the next 6 months to a year on the forum and maybe join a club and go on some ride along with others. One thing I can almost guarantee is that your thoughts and wants will change over time. You will save a ton of money by doing something once. If you buy something that you have to change you will be getting pennies on the dollar when you try to unload it and it actually will delay you getting what you really want.

By the way, welcome and good luck, GRIZZ
Old 06-18-2010, 04:15 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom....

It's not custom if we tell you what to do.....

You should spend a week reading every post, looking at every picture and reading every evaluation people post. (that's what we all do)

you will learn sooooo much, you will figure out what you like and what will work best for you. Being in the city..... Your build will be a little different. You will need diffrent parts and different set ups than people who live the country and wheel every day just to get home.

Read up and have fun with it, you'll learn a ton and you'll be glad you did.

Good luck
-Millar
Old 06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya dude I'm 18 also and am moving from Wilton ct (30 miles east of manhattan) to Charleston south Carolina for school. This website becomes your bible. Friends make fun of you and you waste a lot of money but you become addicted. Everything you do is based off want and not need mind you but sometimes when you fuck something you realize you need other things over want (for example skid plates over any other want..like a winch). Just google every product out there and read a lot. You'll develop a style.

Enjoy New York my friend. I may transfer out to Rancho Palos Verdes CA next year. Is it sick?
Old 06-18-2010, 05:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Customizing your rig is like tattoo's. I've got over 30 tattoos and I meet all kinds of people walkin up to me wanting to show me their tats. Some I see are really cool some are not. I always say "man, that badass!" Tattoos and rig customizing is what YOU wanna do to your jeep. Like tattoos it's something that means something or looks cool to you! Because in the end your the one driving it everyday and your the one making the payments on it so if they don't like it they can look the other way, and find their own ride. Good luck and have fun!
Old 06-18-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Slam it on the ground, install some hydro's, and tiny training wheels.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

well like most people here will tell take it slow as far as getting a lift and tire is all up you what do you want to do with your jeep a basic 3 inch lift and 35s will do here in NYC and as far as off roading you wil be fine i do recomend getting and alarm if moving to NYC it keeps unwanted people way from your jeep I LIVE IN MANHATTAN and work on the bronx and go to school in queens and in the air force upstate so if need help let me know as off road shit i never get time off since i got to many things in my plate and please if you put chrome go easy JK's arent DUB editions
Old 06-18-2010, 10:43 PM
JK Freak

if u do chrome ill make fun sorry... only cuz u asked... look up slipperys build thts fun one to shoot for
Old 06-18-2010, 11:34 PM
JK Newbie

wtf are up with these replies! chrome? slam it? tattoos!?

just a good suspension lift and tires would get you started mate!

btw, forget donuts!!!!! its not a charger now!

Last edited by ineptknight; 06-18-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Quick Reply: How should i customize my 2010 wrangler sport???