Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I Ordered New Wheels Today...

Old 10-22-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those wheels look awesome. They are going be look nice once on your black JK

Originally Posted by Joe Boxer
Prior to shipment:

They arrived Thursday, but I have been traveling for work. Here are two pictures of one of them, taken a few moments ago:

In direct light they do look like a dull, possibly slightly tarnished, gold. I didn't want to go with a dark matte bronze (causing them to look black), I didn't want blank-blang gold either. I think these fit right in between the two. Either way, they're different... and we all know that there is a lot of repetition in the modification community.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Freak

Very Sharp.., reminds me of the Golden Eagle.
Old 10-22-2011, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Walker Evans' are great wheels, and the color combination you've chosen is going to look great.

Kind of reminds me of this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_full_DSC00120JPG_Thumbnail1.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	227068
Old 10-22-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Those look good bro. And yes you are right....you see many of the same wheels over and over. Different is refreshing...
Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ntropy
The Walker Evans' are great wheels, and the color combination you've chosen is going to look great.

Kind of reminds me of this:

Attachment 227068
A friend asked me what car I stole them off of... I told him they were from a Hertz edition Mustang.

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Those look good bro. And yes you are right....you see many of the same wheels over and over. Different is refreshing...
Thanks, Ryan.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

I can't believe I missed the start of your thread! You are my hero for taking that route on wheel choice and color I have run Walkers on several rigs I have owned but his was the first jeep I threw them on. I always started off with the raw version so I could spray them myself if I get bored. Well, not too long ago I stumbled across a photo of a rock race buggy running your same color combo but on Racelines and I thought since I already run a black beadlock ring I could just spray the centers bronze/gold. You beat me to it Joe Boxer and it looks awesome. It should look great when complete and bolted on the JK.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

awesome now thats a different look i really like. im in the market for some new wheels and was looking at the walker's. i just may have to do something similar. only thing to make it a touch better is to have the bolt heads match the bronze color.
Old 10-23-2011, 03:18 PM
JK Freak

I like that alot nice set up
Old 10-23-2011, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

now its got me thinking/wondering how these will look if you powder coat the silver bronze and leave the black black.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:01 PM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think this is going to look awesome, good job on being unique.

Quick Reply: I Ordered New Wheels Today...