Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

I put my LoD rear bumper on today...

Old 04-07-2007, 10:20 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool I put my LoD rear bumper on today...

...and its raining. Anyways, I really like how it turned out and I'm impressed by how heavyduty the bumper feels. Fit and finish were great and powdercoat seemed fine as well. Here are a few pics.

Only problem I ran into was that the stock wheels with the 33" tires had to much back spacing for the holes to line up on the mounting hardware provided. I had to improvise with a welding machine.

Old 04-07-2007, 03:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking good, your welding skills aren't that bad Can't wait to to see it with 35's on it.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice looking. Are you lifted? Stock tires, etc? Waiting for my 2dr Rubicon to arrive.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:05 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by swagginman
Very nice looking. Are you lifted? Stock tires, etc? Waiting for my 2dr Rubicon to arrive.
yup its a 2.5" lift with 33s. Im about to go up to a 3" and 35s tho. These wheels and tires are for sale if anyone is interested.
Old 04-08-2007, 09:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TEV
yup its a 2.5" lift with 33s. Im about to go up to a 3" and 35s tho. These wheels and tires are for sale if anyone is interested.
Looks very nice bro, thats the last big money item i want....alto my wife says " Sure " are you stepping up to the 3 inch for the spring lift over 2.5 BB? or more artic? or just want bigger tires? i was gonna run the 35s with my 2.5. or should i say 315/70r17s....which are really 34.4s...and i also put the 3/4 skyjacker spacer up front, so thats really 3.25 up front....what ya think? am i gonna die?
Old 04-09-2007, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Beautiful Jeep! I have the same bumper but have yet to install it........mainly because the Jeep isnt here yet....until this week. Do you have pics of the actual mounting points? Any issues with it rubbing on the body anywhere? any clearance issues? did yours actually come with instructions? Thanks for aany info that you can provide.

Tony
Old 04-09-2007, 01:49 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Originally Posted by billycj7
Beautiful Jeep! I have the same bumper but have yet to install it........mainly because the Jeep isnt here yet....until this week. Do you have pics of the actual mounting points? Any issues with it rubbing on the body anywhere? any clearance issues? did yours actually come with instructions? Thanks for aany info that you can provide.

Tony
Ill try and take some pics of the mounting point. No instructions but its pretty straight forward. You bolt a plate where the stock bumper mounted to the frame. Drill 2 holes through the frame on eachside through the holes on the plate. Slide the bumper on with help of a friend and it might be a bit tricky to line the bolts up but a pry bar helps. Then you drill 2 more holes on the bottom and slide your bolts through the tool box. Tighten everything down. The rest is easy.

To answer the other question, Im going with the full traction econo lift and front and rear track bars to start out with. I'll also be running the 3/4" leveling spacer. I plan on adding control arms as money permits. Mainly jumping up to the 3" so I can run 35s. I do a lot of wheelin so I want full articulation and no rubbing problems. I'll probably do gears before I do control arms tho.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by TEV
Ill try and take some pics of the mounting point. No instructions but its pretty straight forward. You bolt a plate where the stock bumper mounted to the frame. Drill 2 holes through the frame on eachside through the holes on the plate. Slide the bumper on with help of a friend and it might be a bit tricky to line the bolts up but a pry bar helps. Then you drill 2 more holes on the bottom and slide your bolts through the tool box. Tighten everything down. The rest is easy.

To answer the other question, Im going with the full traction econo lift and front and rear track bars to start out with. I'll also be running the 3/4" leveling spacer. I plan on adding control arms as money permits. Mainly jumping up to the 3" so I can run 35s. I do a lot of wheelin so I want full articulation and no rubbing problems. I'll probably do gears before I do control arms tho.
cool, i dont do much off-roading, i spend alot of time at the beach flying my Paraglider and i hate getting stuck altho i will be installing the same lift you want in a few weeks with a friend of mine on his JK 4 door, ill do a inventory b4 we start love that bumper

Quick Reply: I put my LoD rear bumper on today...