Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JEEP Hate

Old 03-20-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a house door key go through my motorcycle tire. cannot explain it but i pulled it out of the tire.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I live in Queens so I feel your pain. I run a full spare (aev rear bumper/tire carrier). I have full Tuffy interior products (glove box, center console, rear storage lid). Let me tell you the center console is some serious work (you'll need a beer after getting the 4wd knob off). Tuffy can key them all together, and I had to shoehorn in a cobra25 on the radio sleeve. The tuffy gear is bullet proof and it gives me peace of mind to park on the street with a soft top or topless. I garage my truck so it's not on the street much, but hey bro this is NYC where the weak are killed and eaten.
Old 03-20-2011, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

sorry it happend... but if someone wanted to ruin your day... they would of done that to your sidewall.

I run a compnay that supplies the companies that install rain gutters and those guys are always dropping screws in the parking lot!!! I get "Screwed" about every other week sometimes.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Seriously? I can't believe all the guys that have driven Nails and Screws into my tires. I sure wish I could catch those bastards. Hahahaha!
Old 03-20-2011, 08:24 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hipsters were just jealous of your new lights!
Old 03-21-2011, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joisey
Not vandalism. when I worked at a tire shop I used to see this all the time. Your lucky, that tire is a easy fix and should last the life of the tire.
I had a 1" shard of glass in my new tires on my 2008 Stage 2 WRX within a week. Got it plugged at a tire shop with no problems.

Got my Jeep and within a week of getting my Duratracs, I had a nail in one of them. Same tire shop plugged it and I'm still driving on it with no problems nearly 16k later.

I wouldn't worry about it. But DO NOT ever pull out a nail or anything from a tire. It might be the only thing holding in the air.

Now I'm worried if I ever move up to 35s I will be keeping an CLOSE eye on my tires for the first week lol.
Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by finnd1
I think you are expecting a little much out of the hipster crowd. I doubt they carry a screwdriver with them, let alone have the strength to drive one into your tire. At the most, they would think about doing it, but only ironically.
yeah, I second that. If it was a machine screw I doubt they could have driven it in with a screw driver as they are not self threading/starting. Probably ran it over somewhere.

Quick Reply: JEEP Hate