Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jk sliders

Old 09-07-2016, 07:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jk sliders

So after months of looking at aftermarket sliders and finding nothing I like the look of I took to the garage and built my own. I haven't seen a lot of people building their own stuff since I've been lurking. That i find strange coming from the xj community. So here's what I came up with. They are 2x3x3/16 with 2x2x3/16 time ins to the frame. I make them tuck up a lil too tight on the rubicon rails so I had to take them off. But if I was to do them again I'd weld them on a lil lower.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	145
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	656272   Click image for larger version

Views:	144
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	656273   Click image for larger version

Views:	155
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	656274  
Old 09-07-2016, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Leelootherubi
So after months of looking at aftermarket sliders and finding nothing I like the look of I took to the garage and built my own. I haven't seen a lot of people building their own stuff since I've been lurking. That i find strange coming from the xj community. So here's what I came up with. They are 2x3x3/16 with 2x2x3/16 time ins to the frame. I make them tuck up a lil too tight on the rubicon rails so I had to take them off. But if I was to do them again I'd weld them on a lil lower.
Cool work but I think it not only looks stupid, but is stupid, when people put on rock sliders, for their rock sliders. Just loses clearance. I threw a tube on some rubicon sliders and then made some frame mounts, good to go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1357594444.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	359.1 KB
ID:	656277   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4190341921.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	548.3 KB
ID:	656278   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3562178160.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	441.4 KB
ID:	656280  
Old 09-08-2016, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

I've lost no ground clean ace as ground clearance is fixed distance from diff to the ground. And my break over angle has not been affected at all as they are not lower than the frame. They actually still sit higher than the frame. So I Dont Know what you mean by Lose clearance. If your talking about clearance from the ground to the door that is the point that you extend protective armor from frame level out to lay it on rocks and also our sideways to provide lateral protection from going sideways into rocks. The rubicon rails are 1/8" at best and tie into the body. So tieing those into Into the frame just makes your body mounts useless. Also will add into tub damage if you do have to use them for any real hard hits. They are also not boxed
Old 09-08-2016, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I respectfully disagree. Every time I've ever been in rocks they either hit or almost hit my sliders. If I had another 3 inches of slider going down I would be smacking them constantly. To each their own but I find it not only silly looking, but the concept of having 2 sliders is ludicrous.
Also, I'm not sure what you were referring to body mounts in regards to mine but I made the frame mounts similar to the ones you did. I don't even have them bolted to the body anymore. I also disagree that they're weak. They may only be 1/8 or so, but they're shaped in a way to stiffen them. That's why they're rounded on the outside edge, round is much stiffer and not as susceptible to denting as square.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:13 AM
JK Newbie

The way your worded it sounded like you hVe them bolted to the body still. There fore frame and body mounted will make body mounts null. Also I just feel better knowing that I have that thick steel there to slide on. And it's not as close to my body as the stock one. If you look at the photo with the jeep on a lift it will show there's no longer a factory slider in there. I liked the look of it because I think the angled tub bottom looks like hell frankly. But they interfere. I know a lot of people want to keep the rubicon sliders under aftermarket sliders a lot. I feel that of I'm coming off a rock with my 35s and I hit I'd rather it be my thick Dom boxed and braced slider than the factory open ended tube. I don't plan on having to remove these sliders with how thick they are. If they can support the entire weight of the jeep I doubt I'll every have to replace them. I do not have that much confidence in factory parts. Especially from Chrysler. My swag bar has already crapped out so it has disconnects now. Next will be the factory lockers. I'd rather replace with a much higher quality component in cases where I can before they fail. These cost me about 120$ to make and an afternoon of bonding time with my girlfriend. Where as aftermarket a sliders can cost up to 800$ and look like shit.

Quick Reply: Jk sliders