Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK Tube Fender Teaser

Old 09-24-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking lines from what I can see. Would love a front view!

I like side markers down off the grill and not necessarily on the fenders
Old 09-24-2008, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shrockworks
The front ones are about 2" narrower toward the front than stock flares and a bit narrower in the rear....it's what looks best to us....so far. The front stock flares are just so huge looking. We may offer them in a wider version too though.
SWEET!!!! I too prefer the narrow look too and it helps with tire clearance. No doubt gonna be another great JK product from SW and can't wait to see more!
Old 09-24-2008, 07:48 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by txjeeplover
SWEET!!!! I too prefer the narrow look too and it helps with tire clearance. !

I'd like to avoid the Statie with bad hemhoriods that day who decides my tires are sticking out too far. I'd like to see a bit wider as well.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It appears from the pics that they mount to the fenders which are VERY weak and flimsy. Am I wrong? I'd like to see some tube fenders that mount to the inner structure so that they are useful and not just pretty. I'd also like to see some that are higher. perhaps at the hood line.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Jedi Master

it doesnt appear they mount anyway yet...

Looks like a great start to me!
Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, yet another item to drool over for several more months. Maybe they'll be ready to order when the Rear/Tire carriers ship! What will I do when I'm not waiting for a Shrockworks part? Hard to imagine the day. Of course, this is on my short list now.
  • LED marker lights cleanly integrated in
  • Strong supporting structure so the fender+body panels don't get ripped off on the trail
  • Textured black powdercoat (one easy one)
Old 09-24-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
it doesnt appear they mount anyway yet...

Looks like a great start to me!
You might be right. There is structure that if done right they could be attached to. If not.....Than they are pretty.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

limb risers stretch a cable from the the fender to the corners of the roof, it moves tree branches out of the way. i wheel in dense wooded areas, so for me that would be great, but probably not going to happen

X a billion on making them strong and supportive. I dont want to hit a tree with them, and bend the sheet metal they are attached to.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Freak

LOVE EM!! But.... I'd be tempted to move the front turn signals to atop the fender facing formard like old willy's jeeps, then the fogs moved to where the turn signals used to be! Any Questions?
Old 09-25-2008, 04:26 AM
Former Vendor

The limb riser can be done with a tab, we do it for some of the 4runner guys and I don't see any issue in adding the tab to the top if it was mentioned when ordering. As for the mounting, there is none in the picture, I just had the tube trimmed to fit the Jeep. When the stock fender off the outer sheet metal is easily moved by finger, solid mounting to sub structure is a no brainer, as will a marker light since we are eliminating the mounting of the original.... you'll see when we let you.

Nick

Last edited by ToyFamily; 09-25-2008 at 04:30 AM.

Quick Reply: JK Tube Fender Teaser