Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Leather, Painted Hard Top, Shrockworks...

Old 09-03-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ewok
It is, I saw it the other day! They had Sahara wheels on it.
Why would they neuter a Rubicon like that? Are they just temporary tires?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryno
Why would they neuter a Rubicon like that? Are they just temporary tires?
I think so.... not sure though. I would guess considering all that they are putting on this JK I couldn't see them not doing a lift! It may be that he switches between street tires and offroad tires!
Old 09-03-2008, 04:32 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ewok
I think so.... not sure though. I would guess considering all that they are putting on this JK I couldn't see them not doing a lift! It may be that he switches between street tires and offroad tires!
Or the owner is like my dad and wants the best-equipped off-road model with a smooth, quiet, and civilized ride on the street. My dad has all-terrain tires on his Z71 Suburban and says they're noisy.

BTW, how are you liking your Jeep, Ewok?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

I hope you're doing well with your Jeep, Ewok - if there's still anything you need please let us know.

The painted top + shrockworks setup has been pretty popular but we've done lots of other builds. One X got a set of sahara take-off fenders, painted red and installed, PureJeep no-winch front bumper, some Helo Maxx 6 wheels and some other accessorizing we hadn't touched on previously. It came out looking great.

I like the Shrockworks bumpers with the PowerPlant winch - a functional combo that looks good together. The upper housing / cage on the winch matches the finish on the bumper pretty well.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryno
Or the owner is like my dad and wants the best-equipped off-road model with a smooth, quiet, and civilized ride on the street. My dad has all-terrain tires on his Z71 Suburban and says they're noisy.

BTW, how are you liking your Jeep, Ewok?
I'm liking it! Have wheeled it twice now, and going to Lipan on the 13th to wheel again! Everything is looking good, I should get my fonrt Bulldog Fab Stinger and PJ Sliders on next week or the week after. After all that little stuff I should be good for a while, I hope........*KNOCK ON WOOD*

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
I hope you're doing well with your Jeep, Ewok - if there's still anything you need please let us know.

The painted top + shrockworks setup has been pretty popular but we've done lots of other builds. One X got a set of sahara take-off fenders, painted red and installed, PureJeep no-winch front bumper, some Helo Maxx 6 wheels and some other accessorizing we hadn't touched on previously. It came out looking great.

I like the Shrockworks bumpers with the PowerPlant winch - a functional combo that looks good together. The upper housing / cage on the winch matches the finish on the bumper pretty well.
Its has been great! Will be taking it in after a couple more 100 miles like ya'll suggested! Thanks again!

Last edited by Ewok; 09-04-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Good - we look forward to seeing you in.

Also - the Jeep pictured here will be getting a Shrockworks full width rear plus lights - pictures to follow!
Old 09-08-2008, 08:05 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Could have sworn that these were already up on this post? Anyhow here's some early pics of the top on the Jeep. Looking good.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

looking good so far, like the painted hard top but why does a rubicon have sahara tires and wheels...
Old 09-08-2008, 01:40 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Always needing to keep the goals set high.

You never know where the end will come,

Gerry
Old 09-08-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Freak

got any pics of a Jeep Green painted top

Quick Reply: Leather, Painted Hard Top, Shrockworks...