JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Show & Tell (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/)
-   -   Length of bump stop mount (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/length-bump-stop-mount-342470/)

Siberian_jeeper 06-06-2017 11:00 AM

Length of bump stop mount

Need help!
I previously installed crappy TF bumps and they fell apart...
Now I got King bump stops and I'm trying to find out how many inches do I have to cut of the bump mount. Because measurements in TF instructions are from the top (3.5") and Kings measurements are from the bottom(4").
Now I don't know how many inches I already cutted off from the bottom, and how many more do I have to cut, o don't...
Can somebody please help me with that?!

TheDirtman 06-06-2017 11:05 AM

You set bump stops depending on your suspension set up, tire size, and shock length. there is no answer for what you ask without knowing that stuff.
Its best to articulate your suspension and determine where they need to be to prevent tire rubbing and full shock compression.

Siberian_jeeper 06-06-2017 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheDirtman (Post 4294781)
You set bump stops depending on your suspension set up, tire size, and shock length. there is no answer for what you ask without knowing that stuff.
Its best to articulate your suspension and determine where they need to be to prevent tire rubbing and full shock compression.

I know that. And I will do it by adding spacers, packs etc.... But I am asking about the length of the MOUNT.
It's bot depends of suspension, tires and shocks.

TheDirtman 06-06-2017 07:32 PM

Maybe there is a language thing going on but I have no Idea what you are talking about. What model of king bump stops are you using and photos of where you are putting or calling the mount might help.

dahreno 06-06-2017 08:35 PM

Get with it Dirtman, he want to know about adding spacers and packs to his bot. Nobody knows that better than you, please explain.

TheDirtman 06-07-2017 07:27 AM

I assume you are replacing the teraflex speed bumps with kings JK threaded body bump stops that fit in the front factory bump location. This is not rocket science and I would leave as much of the factory mount there as possible and allow for a minimum of 1/2" of adjustment in the bump stop for fine tuning. Screw the adjuster rings to their max up and down, measure that and subtract 1/2" from that number. Cut the mount to a minimum of that number. Make up what else you need on the axle pad.

sea bass 06-08-2017 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by dahreno (Post 4294847)
Get with it Dirtman, he want to know about adding spacers and packs to his bot. Nobody knows that better than you, please explain.

Lol!!! Now that's funny

dahreno 06-16-2017 07:14 PM

I hope dirtman got my joke. He definitely explained it though ! lol

TheDirtman 06-17-2017 06:43 AM

I got it. I would be nice to get a response for the OP if it helped or needed more info.