Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lets see those Cargo Nets

Old 06-09-2009, 02:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets see those Cargo Nets

Really interested in seeing the Smittybuilt version.
Old 01-24-2010, 07:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Blast From The Past!
...I made my own Net for the front section In the spring i'm going to instal some fasteners on the net so if i wanna lay down i can stretch out without having to worry about when i'm gonna wake up down in the Jeep.
The net is made of strong black seat belt material and box stitched with tenara thread so it won't rot or fall apart in years. i used some heavy duty velcro and made long straps that wrap around the soundbar and secrue the net very tightly. It cuts back all the sunlight when the top is down and can be left on with the top being up. The net also decreases a little road noise, unless you're doorless. I love making my own stuff like these nets, padded headrest covers and even tire covers. Here are a bunch of pics of my net:

Old 01-24-2010, 07:37 AM
JK Freak

i wanna see cargo net on a 2dr... i want them some kinda bad
Old 01-24-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Go to www.safaristraps.com. You won't find a better product or better service!

Last edited by toad; 02-17-2010 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Please no clickable links to non-sponsors.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No the best pic but these are the warrior straps from safari straps. Their product and customer service is top notch..

Old 02-16-2010, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Blast From The Past!
...I made my own Net for the front section In the spring i'm going to instal some fasteners on the net so if i wanna lay down i can stretch out without having to worry about when i'm gonna wake up down in the Jeep.
The net is made of strong black seat belt material and box stitched with tenara thread so it won't rot or fall apart in years. i used some heavy duty velcro and made long straps that wrap around the soundbar and secrue the net very tightly. It cuts back all the sunlight when the top is down and can be left on with the top being up. The net also decreases a little road noise, unless you're doorless. I love making my own stuff like these nets, padded headrest covers and even tire covers. Here are a bunch of pics of my net:

I like the look of your netting! Does it have to come off when you put your top back on due to the connection points at the windshield?

Where did you get the netting? I have found some poly/vinyl netting online sold by the yard, hoping to make my own. $300 is way to much when you can buy the material for $75 or less.

Any suggestions before I undertake a similair project?
Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think these are on my want list now...
Old 02-17-2010, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

I really like the look of the cargo nets. I'll have to look into what it takes to make some ...
Old 02-17-2010, 10:11 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my NACK from COP 4x4!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepairforce
I like the look of your netting! Does it have to come off when you put your top back on due to the connection points at the windshield?

Where did you get the netting? I have found some poly/vinyl netting online sold by the yard, hoping to make my own. $300 is way to much when you can buy the material for $75 or less.

Any suggestions before I undertake a similair project?
As for your first question, yeah i can put the top up with having the net on, i just have to move my netting thats in the way then there's no problem putting the door surrounds on. I used 2 inch wide seatbelt material and made my big blank of netting, and then trimmed it and sewed on my velcro and fittings. after i made the pieces that attach it to the soundbar and it fits really nice. looks good to. when it gets nicer outside come spring time i'm going to instal some snaps and fasteners that will make the velcro and installation even stronger, giving the ability to lay down for a nap. i may take on the task of making nets for the sides and back section, but i enjoy the front section so far. cuts down on all the sun and noise and i can put it up or take it down in a minute or two. and i didn't pay hundreds or dollars to do so. not to say that the cargo netting isn't worth it, but i don't have the money to drop on expensive things i can make for myself.

Quick Reply: Lets see those Cargo Nets