Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

A little flex

Old 04-14-2011, 10:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Everybody's gotta stretch right? you're just getting ready for summer!
yes, just stretching and getting all those winter cob webs out.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great brother!

Check the drive shaft!

Mainly, you want to see how close the shaft gets to the point indicated in the picture below. So next time if you're up on the same rock or off roading.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
Looks great brother!

Check the drive shaft!

Mainly, you want to see how close the shaft gets to the point indicated in the picture below. So next time if you're up on the same rock or off roading.

that was one of the first things i was checking out when i first climbed up on the rock, was to check out the clearnance of the front driveshaft. i was looking to see if it was rubbing on the skid plate, and was checking out the boot as well. it looked like i had enough clearance on the driveshaft to the skid plate. looked like my boot was ok as well. but thats definatley something that's in the back of my mind for this ejs trip. thanks alot pluke!
Old 04-15-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
that was one of the first things i was checking out when i first climbed up on the rock, was to check out the clearnance of the front driveshaft. i was looking to see if it was rubbing on the skid plate, and was checking out the boot as well. it looked like i had enough clearance on the driveshaft to the skid plate. looked like my boot was ok as well. but thats definatley something that's in the back of my mind for this ejs trip. thanks alot pluke!
just remember that there is a different between the tranny pan which rips the boot and the skid plate which will tear off your boot by rubbing against the clip.

Love how the jeep turned out!
Old 04-15-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

thanks for all the great info and advice pluke! will definatley have to keep an eye on everything.

Quick Reply: A little flex