Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Love for the JK on Friday the 13th -- New Powertank install

Old 08-13-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Love for the JK on Friday the 13th -- New Powertank install

Got a new Powertank setup from David at Alpha Expeditions this week. Took Friday the 13th off from work, as is my custom, to show the JK some love. Test fitting the Powertank to my OR-FAB rear tire/jerry can carrier. I think it will work fine and still allow me to carry one 5 gallon gas can. I plan on keeping the ARB under hood compressor set up for future lockers and as a backup air source by adding a Woods 2.5 air tank kit in the near future.
Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1009..jpg
Views:	158
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	81761Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1007..jpg
Views:	141
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	81762Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM1008..jpg
Views:	112
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	81763
Old 08-13-2010, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice!

I did the same thing with my bottle. I have never had to resort to using spare gas (came close once when I got turned around in the high desert after finishing Metal Masher in Moab), so dropping down to 5 gallons of emergency fuel didn't bother me in the least (it's 5 gallons more than most guys carry on the trail).

This setup is more versatile and everything is easy to access. Just remember to invest in a decent cable lock to thread through the bottle, Jerry can and jack.

Quick Reply: Love for the JK on Friday the 13th -- New Powertank install