Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Made some nice upgrades on my 2 door 2016 sport s with 2.5” lift and 35s

Old 08-21-2019, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Made some nice upgrades on my 2 door 2016 sport s with 2.5” lift and 35s

I did a few mods this week
I installed the B&M short shifter and bought the B&M stick for the short shifter and transfer case. Added the Windbooster 2S throttle pedal controller, I cut the oem hood and put on the Rugged Ridge hood vents. Added the Teraflex fixed sport front lower and rear upper control arms for 2.5-3” lift. These control arms are very nice and so much stronger than the stock ones. Took the cheap padding and covers off the roll bar, like the look much better. Also I added Fox 2.0 performance shocks.

Last edited by Dice23; 08-21-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2019, 04:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Do the hood vents help with cooling?
Old 08-22-2019, 04:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,827 Likes on 1,597 Posts

Originally Posted by LC Boyer
Do the hood vents help with cooling?
I've got a PSC cheese grater. I'm sure the engine bay is a few degrees cooler, but nothing that is terribly noticeable or relevant. Probably not even a big enough difference to really extend the life of wire looms and such that get brittle with time and heat.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I've got a PSC cheese grater. I'm sure the engine bay is a few degrees cooler, but nothing that is terribly noticeable or relevant. Probably not even a big enough difference to really extend the life of wire looms and such that get brittle with time and heat.
I asked because my old CJ-5 would get pretty warm. Most of the heat came back through the firewall

Quick Reply: Made some nice upgrades on my 2 door 2016 sport s with 2.5” lift and 35s