Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Maertz's Half Ass Build Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 04:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well slapped these on for the hell of it to do some half ass clearance checks...

Control Arm angle isnt quite what I wanted, but i didnt want to put them on to my tranny crossmember so this may have to do... I will ponder on it for a bit...

Track Bar bracket tacked in

Tested my color matching ability... Im obviously color blind...

Old 05-03-2014, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

Its starting to look like a Jeep again. Keep it up!
Old 05-03-2014, 05:12 PM
JK Jedi

thanks man. im hoping in the next few weekends to tackle quite a bit and get it driving. Then i can work on finishing off the axles. This puppy needs bjs bad..I just realized i need to add d rings yet to my bumper and I already added paint.. guess ill have to redo that. owell. On a side note anyone know if IROCKs run small?
Old 05-03-2014, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your build is inspiring me. I keep thinking I'm going to sell mine, but every time I get in and drive it...I just can't. So maybe a 14B/D60 with ARB's and a small stretch are in my future.

Keep on keepin on.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Maertz
thanks man. im hoping in the next few weekends to tackle quite a bit and get it driving. Then i can work on finishing off the axles. This puppy needs bjs bad..I just realized i need to add d rings yet to my bumper and I already added paint.. guess ill have to redo that. owell. On a side note anyone know if IROCKs run small?
i cant say about the 40s but ik the 37s run true so i would assume the 40s do too. The irock 37s look a little bit bigger then my mtr37s
Old 05-03-2014, 06:03 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Grubbicon
i cant say about the 40s but ik the 37s run true so i would assume the 40s do too. The irock 37s look a little bit bigger then my mtr37s
weird the ones pictured above are 37x 14 i believe and i measured them out to like 34-35 with no weight on them...
Old 05-03-2014, 06:04 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by HardRooster
Your build is inspiring me. I keep thinking I'm going to sell mine, but every time I get in and drive it...I just can't. So maybe a 14B/D60 with ARB's and a small stretch are in my future.

Keep on keepin on.
Thanks man. I love it aswell, but I am really starting to go crazy not being able to wheel it.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

weird the ones pictured above are 37x 14 i believe and i measured them out to like 34-35 with no weight on them...
are those the radial or bias?and from that pic those look big for a 37 to me
Old 05-03-2014, 06:21 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Grubbicon
are those the radial or bias?and from that pic those look big for a 37 to me
i believe they are bias, id have to look. there my buddies i just stole them to experiment a little and when i measured them i was around 35. I looked at the side and it said 37x14 something. Its not a big deal I was just curious, that seemed pretty small i may investigate more tomorrow.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

i believe they are bias, id have to look. there my buddies i just stole them to experiment a little and when i measured them i was around 35. I looked at the side and it said 37x14 something. Its not a big deal I was just curious, that seemed pretty small i may investigate more tomorrow.
alright. When you figure it out let us know i would like to hear it