Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Maertz's Half Ass Build Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 07:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats good to hear. i figured id be able to get by but have been curious how bad itd be.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
in my mind the hi-lift was going to work MUCH better...Guess its back to waiting so i can throw it on the forklift....

Yeah... forklift is the only way. Here I am at the driveline shop as they couldn't believe my measurements and needed to see for themselves. It's a nice way to see how things really will hit and miss.

I think we had 54" before a tire lifted.... not sure a hi lift would have sufficed?
Old 07-21-2014, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stance is looking good. Nice to see it out of the garage! For checking clearances, a forklift works well, but also put it on a lift to see everything at full droop to check for clearances as well.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:20 AM
JK Jedi

yeah i always used a forklift before and will have to wait. The hi-lift definitely ran out of room...It was able to lift the frame high enough to test full droop though, just not close for anything else...
Old 07-21-2014, 07:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like crap maertz. Start over and do it again. Lol

No it's coming along nicely and those coilovers look sick flexed out.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:12 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
That looks like crap maertz. Start over and do it again. Lol

No it's coming along nicely and those coilovers look sick flexed out.
Lol thanks. It hasnt really flexed yet! i just ordered up some d ring tabs and my hydro ram. Also new shock tabs so i can redo the rear a little...

Last edited by Maertz; 07-21-2014 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Re: the sway bars. My jeep is 3 linked front and rear with 14" coilovers. Before I put the swaybars on it looked and felt like a trophy truck going around corners. I started with a currie antirock in the rear, and that took away about 70-75% of the roll. When I did the same with the front, it took out another10-15%. With both sway bars my jeep feels much more stable, especially at highway speeds.

Good luck with the rest of your build! Cant wait to see the final product!!
Old 07-21-2014, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
Im sorry all i see is a doll.... Lol i like the yellows cool but on mine but would want contrast... Ill have to see when im done.. Might have to be that guy and photoshop colors on to see...
Lol, yeah, Animal is an accidental resident of the Jeep, but now he's permanent. The yellow is more overwhelming in the picture than in person. Looking forward to seeing this painted and flexed out. Hopefully it's not too many more adjustments.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:12 AM
JK Freak

Oh yeah, no sway bars drive me nuts on my 50+ miles a day, but I have friends who haven't used them in years. Just drive it and see how you feel.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi

Yeah my old set up with 12" travel i ran no sway bars and it didn't bother me, but was unsure on the 16" cos. I tried to mount them outward the best i could without going over 10 ish degrees.