Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Maertz's Half Ass Build Thread

Old 02-14-2015, 02:52 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my upper had a bend and when i moved my lowers they got longer also and the upper stayed the same. i moved it to my old lower link spot and lengthened it a ton and made it straight. I had alot of pinion movement thru travel before. They are now within an inch of eachother. I also have enough brackets now where if i rip one off i can move them all around and get home (assuming tons of shit dont domino effect break) Also on a side note my front/rear driveshafts should be able to be swapped. At least my front to rear so thats also a bonus.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:21 AM
JK Junkie

Did you make your own driveshaft? I can't quite figure out the picture.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:48 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Did you make your own driveshaft? I can't quite figure out the picture.
Its my old front shaft. I cut it down and sleeved it to the correct length.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

Well got my front shock hoop tie together done, just need to install it tomorrow once i get some bolts.

Also shout out to my neighbor sean for teaching me all the tricks on his bender and letting me use it when i need. i know he pops in on one of my build threads and credit is due.

Last edited by Maertz; 02-15-2015 at 06:48 PM.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Maertz
Well got my front shock hoop tie together done, just need to install it tomorrow once i get some bolts.
I just remembered you're the bolt king. Can you find me a 1-1/4" - 12 left hand thread bolt or threaded rod (or anything that size left hand threaded)? Need to chase my control arm bungs and would rather cut a $6 bolt than buy a $100 tap...
Old 02-15-2015, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
I just remembered you're the bolt king. Can you find me a 1-1/4" - 12 left hand thread bolt or threaded rod (or anything that size left hand threaded)? Need to chase my control arm bungs and would rather cut a $6 bolt than buy a $100 tap...
yeah im sure i can get one pretty easily. ill try and remember to get one tomorrow. if you still got my number give me a call just in case. you mess up a bung thread?

edit: just saw you said left hand. lol ill have to dig into that one but still not the craziest thing ive heard.

Last edited by Maertz; 02-15-2015 at 06:45 PM.
Old 02-16-2015, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi

Heres a pic of the crossbar put in. I have since mounted the reservoir to it also.

Old 02-18-2015, 07:14 PM
JK Jedi

Well got gears in for my first test run. Tomorrow I will torque it all down and test the pattern. Hoping i don't need to make many adjustments but who knows... At least im commited and have all weekend and the next few nights to get it done worst case scenario. Me and a buddy are learning a ton on these gear installs....

Old 02-19-2015, 06:52 PM
JK Jedi

Well had a friend whos done tons of gears help me with the rear and learned a lot. Figured id do the rear on my own and a friend who is also going to have to do a yj he is building also wanted to learn/help. We got them in and here are my patterns. Can anyone give me some insight? I dont think they look bad at all. This is our very first pattern check.

Drive

Coast

Old 02-19-2015, 07:10 PM
JK Freak

Been following your build from day 1. I am really impressed and I have learned a lot.

I know jack shit about gears except for what I've been reading lately. I hope my 1st pass at doing gears looks like what you got.

I am sure the other experts will chime in soon. Good luck and I look forward to your end product!!!