Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MBRP Exhaust+AirRaid CAI Video With Sound

Old 09-12-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
Just wait until the MBRP hits about 2,500 to 3,000 miles and then it will sound the way its supposed to!

My MBRP is def audible inside the cabin!
i have had the exhaust on for about 4k and its not loud enough :/ it does have a low rumble but silent rumble!
Old 09-12-2010, 03:36 PM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the Airaid too and love it. What I'm worried about with another exhaust is getting a drone at about 60 mph which is all we're allowed to drive around here. That would drive me nuts. In your video you were always down shifting or accelerating. When you are just cruising at 60, or anywhere for that matter, do you ever get a droning sound? I also have a softop so it's not as quiet as the hardtop.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AK4Dave
I have the Airaid too and love it. What I'm worried about with another exhaust is getting a drone at about 60 mph which is all we're allowed to drive around here. That would drive me nuts. In your video you were always down shifting or accelerating. When you are just cruising at 60, or anywhere for that matter, do you ever get a droning sound? I also have a softop so it's not as quiet as the hardtop.
Where I live the speed limit is 65.

I have an automatic. I always drive with the O/D Off. I usually drive around 70 MPH +-3mphs, with the Over Drive Off, it puts my jeep around 2800-3000 RPMS. With that said, when I am cruising at the speed given above, I can't hear my exhaust at all from inside the cabin.

When you say droning sound, you mean the sound the exhaust makes when 'Cruising' at a steady speed?
Old 09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You Bastard.

and i was beginning to think i had my list all set up. Way to go and screw it all up.

Thanks Pluke
Old 09-12-2010, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90

You Bastard.

and i was beginning to think i had my list all set up. Way to go and screw it all up.

Thanks Pluke
lolol... buy some new shocks yet?
Old 09-12-2010, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

negative. ...saving for a friggin' exhaust system.

keeping stockers until i can get the shocks i want... i figure, i need new tires more than anything. shocks can wait. Hello GY Duratracs. but didn't you hear that in your video, i swear it was calling my name..
Old 09-13-2010, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
negative. ...saving for a friggin' exhaust system.

keeping stockers until i can get the shocks i want... i figure, i need new tires more than anything. shocks can wait. Hello GY Duratracs. but didn't you hear that in your video, i swear it was calling my name..
Haha, you sure your not spending all your tuition on your Jeep??!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
i have had the exhaust on for about 4k and its not loud enough :/ it does have a low rumble but silent rumble!
Really? My AEM brute force seems to make it roar. I will go right now and take a video!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Here's the video. Keep in mind, the Jeep is not fully warmed up. When it warms up, it is the same volume, but deeper sounding. I tried to hold my speed at 58mph on dash which is 60mph in actuality with my 33" Duratracs. It sounds better with some stereo speakers.

I would take a longer video, but its hard to shift while holding the steering wheel and phone at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jK73CjOAn8U

Last edited by IcyFridge; 09-15-2010 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice! thank you for the video. you know, i think that is a lot louder than mine, especially since i can't hear my intake until im over 3k rpms. you have a manual, correct?

Which model exhaust do you have again? I think I can hear it. as opposed to mine, i can't hear it at all!

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 09-13-2010 at 07:02 AM.

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust+AirRaid CAI Video With Sound