Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

MBRP offroad muffler and Evap Canister.... Bad... bad...

Old 07-03-2010, 08:12 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmacJK
Ok..

So this is why you MUST relocate your evap canister...

Even though they are about an inch orso away from each other, the MBRP MELTED the whole side of the evap canister badly enough that it created a hole and i now get the "GASCAP" engine light and have to have it replaced. So, i learned the HARD WAY to buy the 75$ wood relocation kit. BTW, a new evap canister cost to dealer is 70 bucks...

Here are the pics
Another reason why i didnt want the relocate kit... the stock location kit doesnt stick past my hitch....
Old 07-03-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any good reason as to why you can't delete the evap canister on a jk?
Old 07-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by Millerman999
hey i just go my mbrp offroad exhaust... but i have a four door should i worry
You need not worry...This only affects the 2 door JK's that have not relocated their canister. As a solution, we do offer a heat shield/relocation bracket to move the canister over about an inch and it is protected by our heat shield. The link is posted on page one of this thread. These have been available for a while now.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey dude

When I click on that link it tells me this:

"NOTICE: According to the manufacturer,
this product may not fit your selected vehicle."

I have a 2010 JK.

Also, as a 'known issue' why is it this information was not included in the product desc. or that the heat shield isnt included in the kit for the 2 doors? Instead, it cost me 150 bucks to get it replaced and I learned the hard way.

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
You need not worry...This only affects the 2 door JK's that have not relocated their canister. As a solution, we do offer a heat shield/relocation bracket to move the canister over about an inch and it is protected by our heat shield. The link is posted on page one of this thread. These have been available for a while now.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is definately known with the MBRP off-road exhaust... as least here on the forum.

2-door = evap relocate
4-door = not necessary
Old 07-06-2010, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, while I love the forum, this isnt where I expect to see a 'known issue' for a product. I expect to read it in the instructions, in the desc. or on the website of the manuf. which is just good customer service.

Many of the evap relocation threads i read said nothing about the evap melting but were about concerns related to damage from wheeling....

Originally Posted by Ryan L
This is definately known with the MBRP off-road exhaust... as least here on the forum.

2-door = evap relocate
4-door = not necessary
Old 11-23-2011, 11:58 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmacJK
Hey

Thought about that, but the space is so small i dont think it would dissipate the heat enough.

So relocation seems the only real option.
A heat shield would work just fine, they don't need a lot of space to function.

Quick Reply: MBRP offroad muffler and Evap Canister.... Bad... bad...