Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Mopar Add-A- Trunk Installed

Old 05-07-2009, 04:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there some way to fold it flat and away?

For example, say you head out for the day, and you stop at Best Buy or something. While looking for a new DVD, you happen to see a 40 inch LCD on sale for a killer deal, but there's only one left, with no rain check possibility. Can you fold up the "trunk" so you can buy the TV???

I want something like this so when I go christmas shopping next year, I don't have to worry about leaving gifts in the jeep when I stop at a different store.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayland1985
is there some way to fold it flat and away?

For example, say you head out for the day, and you stop at Best Buy or something. While looking for a new DVD, you happen to see a 40 inch LCD on sale for a killer deal, but there's only one left, with no rain check possibility. Can you fold up the "trunk" so you can buy the TV???

I want something like this so when I go christmas shopping next year, I don't have to worry about leaving gifts in the jeep when I stop at a different store.
yeah- you have 4 knobs- you can easily screw them out and fold the whole thing
Old 05-07-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Super Freak

how far up on the tailgate does it got? I have the tailgate shock and I'm just wondering if it will clear it, or if i'd need to remove/move the tailgate shock.... it's an aftermarket shock, and i forgot who i bought if from.

i've been eyeing this trunk for a long time now, just wondering where and how i'll move my stock sub, anyone remember that old thread where they relocated it?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will the add-a-trunk fit/function if you have the infinity subwoofer in the trunk?
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

How much does the whole thing weigh??

Can you still use the child anchor points for baby seats which are located at the base of the back of the rear seats. (Would you have to tip the seats forward to get to the attachment??)

x2 on the subwoofer question and the tailgate shock question (I got mine form Woods (4x4xfix))

Last edited by JKohn; 05-07-2009 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

great pics. Your close to selling me on this. Like others have asked, how does it work with the factory sub.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by [N]UGE
great pics. Your close to selling me on this. Like others have asked, how does it work with the factory sub.
It is not made to work with the factory Sub + i don't have a SUB, however i am sure you have to do some work to relocate it a bit, maybe drill extra holes thu the plastic and pass the cable thru or something
Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JKohn
How much does the whole thing weigh??

Can you still use the child anchor points for baby seats which are located at the base of the back of the rear seats. (Would you have to tip the seats forward to get to the attachment??)

x2 on the subwoofer question and the tailgate shock question (I got mine form Woods (4x4xfix))
The plastic back doesn't touch the back seats and because the plastic is slightly angled away from the back seat ( tilted towards the tailgate) , i would say there is 10-15 cm space, so i am sure you can use the child anchor; i will take a pic for you tomorrow if it is sunny.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:55 AM
JK Jedi

Nice! I had one in my TJ and it was handy.
Old 05-09-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

That looks good, very functional, might have to pick up one of these to make my offroad gear more secure

Quick Reply: Mopar Add-A- Trunk Installed