Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My Damage in Rio Puerco today :(

Old 07-19-2009, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Damage in Rio Puerco today :(

Had a great day wheeling with Jason and when we were headed back in this happened. Hit a little hill too fast and when I came down it it sheared off my teraflex shock adaptor and bent my stock rubi shock. Looks like I shoulda went with the shocks. 3 of my 4 stock rubi shocks are bad from wheeling and the drivers front is now not even on there any more
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2rubis.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	27238   Click image for larger version

Name:	shock.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	27239   Click image for larger version

Name:	shock 1.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	27240   Click image for larger version

Name:	shock 2.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	27241  
Old 07-19-2009, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Hey good work ...time to get some full length shocks right
Old 07-19-2009, 06:09 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

oh man, i just saw this happen to cyruspura at the mega meet a few weeks back. shock adapters are an affordable way to keep your existing shocks but they do have their limitation - or, i should say, they'll push your factory shocks to the limit. push to far and something will give.

anyway, i'm sorry to see your carnage but glad to hear you're okay and that nothing else broke.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

It sucked but was still a fun day for sure. Worst part was it happened when we were done and headed back out lol. I wish I would have just ordered the kit with the shocks to begin with instead of the adaptors. What shocks should I get if I plan on stepping up to the Teraflex 4" long arm kit. Do I order shocks for the lift I have now 2.5" spring or get longer that will work with the 4"?
Old 07-19-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Junkie

Ahh thats an easy fix looks like you still had a blast though

Quick Reply: My Damage in Rio Puerco today :(