Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My first accident....

Old 07-28-2011, 09:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I feel a vibration when I am in park, reverse, or just starting out in drive. Any ideas of what's causing that? It seems to be more when I'm in reverse
Old 07-28-2011, 01:22 PM
JK Newbie

I'm a firefighter/medic, I see tons of wrecks, looks cosmetic. Take it to a collision shop have check and see if the frame is twisted. Doubt it is. How fast were you going?

Tell the shop about the vibration too.

Keep us informed! Good luck.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:13 PM
JK Freak

Is that bird crap on the bumper?!
Old 07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CajunJeeper
I just got in my first accident... From what you can tell from the pic, the bumper absorbed the impact. Could anything important have been messed up that I can't see???
Bah, it's a battle scar.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dinojeep
Is that bird crap on the bumper?!
Mud .......
Old 07-29-2011, 03:41 AM
JK Freak

The vibration doesn't sound good. I got in a pretty bad wreck in my old TJ. There was of course lots of visible damage (much more to the Honda Civic that hit me...), but it was the hidden damage that surprised me. Broken motor mounts, stretched hinges, stressed metal, etc. I would definitely get the Jeep checked out, specifically the vibration. Your insurance I assume has collision and not just liability. If so, they'll pay for it. Get the check and get a new aftermarket badazz bumper!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
The vibration doesn't sound good. I got in a pretty bad wreck in my old TJ. There was of course lots of visible damage (much more to the Honda Civic that hit me...), but it was the hidden damage that surprised me. Broken motor mounts, stretched hinges, stressed metal, etc. I would definitely get the Jeep checked out, specifically the vibration. Your insurance I assume has collision and not just liability. If so, they'll pay for it. Get the check and get a new aftermarket badazz bumper!
Yep I'm bringing it tomorrow. I do have collision.

Quick Reply: My first accident....