Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My new 2008 JK (with pics)

Old 07-22-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new 2008 JK (with pics)

So I got everything I ordered from Quadratec, quite quickly indeed!
There were a few issues with the items I had ordered like the fact that the rear spare tire won't fit in the original carrier with the new Warn rock crawler bumper. I wish I knew it before I ordered the thing... Also - the fit of the rear bumper is not 100% so we had to use some gigantic rubber pieces to prevent it from moving and banging against the body on bumps.

I DID call Quadratec to ask if the spare will fit without the special carrier and was told that if it's not an oversized tire there should be no problems. Ever since I got the order I have been emailing them about this but to no avail… they never answer emails after you buy. I guess they don’t like my money so I will go buy the rest of the things I need elsewhere.

Another problem I had was with the ARB rock sliders I bought. The Quadratec page clearly stated that this was a no drill application – but I found out that it eventually required quite a few holes in the chassis, so I left them in the box and had the sliders custom built for me by Overland.

Here are some pics to feast your eyes on. Next thing I wanna do is get bigger muds, but fear for the warranty… 

NOT TOO BAD!!

Old 07-22-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice. I think you can clearly see that your spare would not clear the bumper, but I think they should have told you. I guess we all learn as we go along. congrats.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Freak

Looks great, nice job. Sucks about the bumper though. Maybe send that back and go to a different bumper.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

LOOKS GOOD
Old 07-22-2008, 01:21 PM
JK Newbie

Sending back the bumper is not an option since I live in israel and the shipping alone costs more than the bumper.

All in all I am not too happy with Quadratec...
Old 07-22-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

What OME lift did you use?
I have the light springs on my 2008 JK Rubi 2 door withe the stock 32" tyres and I think it might be too high. I am getting some bad transmission noise and smells which I think could be dew to the lift.
Nice looking Jeep, let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply: My new 2008 JK (with pics)