Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

My solution for wiring the 3rd Brake light - LoD rear bumper

Old 07-26-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My solution for wiring the 3rd Brake light - LoD rear bumper

Cutting a poliuretane bumpstop ( Clayton bumpstop in this case ), you make a bracket.

I hope this was helpful!
Old 07-26-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's pretty freaking sweet!!!!!

I would have never thought of having it make contact like that to get the power through there only when closed, eliminating need for wires running through there.

Great idea!!
Old 09-13-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Excellent work. I will do something similar, but try to run as much of the wiring through the tire carrier as possible (instead of zip-tying it all to the tire carrier). Thanks for the idea! I was hating the idea of following my CB antenna cord - more stuff to get bunched up in the hinge.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:25 PM
JK Jedi

Damn that's cool. I swear, some of the stuff invented on this site just blows my mind.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOW! this is very creative and eliminates those extra wires. Good work. What happens though if the bolt part gets wet from rain or whatever? Won't that mess up the wiring? I would like to do something like this but eliminate the chance of water messing up the circuit.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow .. awesome! Might have to steal this idea for when I get my carrier !!! Thanks!

Quick Reply: My solution for wiring the 3rd Brake light - LoD rear bumper