Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Need pic. 2in body lift/35's

Old 07-06-2008, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need pic. 2in body lift/35's

Anyone out there with 2 inch body lift with 35's.I'm thinking of doing 2 BL and 1in. wheel spacer and running 35's on my stock wheels will this work.
Old 07-06-2008, 05:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

WAY cheaper and easier to just to a 2.5" spacer lift and call it a day.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Westbayou
WAY cheaper and easier to just to a 2.5" spacer lift and call it a day.
I disagree! The BL can be installed in less than an hour. I have yet to see anyone install a SL that quickly.

On a side note, I don't think the 2" BL alone will give you enough clearance if you do anything more than drive on payment.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Freak

you should go with the 2.5 bb .
Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is nothing unsafe about a 2" BL at least not on mine.. and as far as looks go the 2" body lift provides brackets to fix the bumper gap whereas the 1" does not so a guy could say that the 1" BL looks worse than the 2"..

i would say YES absolutly it will work... but as stated below i bet it will rub a lot.

the factory jeep suspension flexes pretty decent so if all you are wanting is bigger tires this would be a cheap way to do it..

ALL THAT BEING SAID...

IF if it were me i would go with a BB.

here's a picture of my 2" BL so you can decide how bad it looks for yourself. as far as safety goes i don't understand how a 2" BL can be any more unsafe than a 2" suspension.. as a matter of fact i would thing that raising just the weight of the body would be much safer than raising the weight of the entire frame..
Front view where it looks the worst

side view.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

note i only posted pics of the front because with the 2" BDS kit you get brackets that raise the bumper to stock location... NOT leaving the gap that the 1" leaves... so with the 1" you can see the spacer all the way around with the 2" only in the front..
Old 07-06-2008, 01:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't understand why anybody would consider a body lift on a JK, its not needed. Cheaper yes but a simple 2.5" lift can get you to fit 35's and look much better.

Quick Reply: Need pic. 2in body lift/35's