Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New brush guard installed...

Old 05-08-2007, 05:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Brush guard with KC lights!

Here is the new brush guard that fits over the factory bumper. It is a pretty sturdy piece, and it will keep those branches off my grille! I am looking at which lights I will be adding (there are mount holes for them). I got the guard at JCW for $209 plus shipping. The install took about two hours because the instructions suck!!

Last edited by armycop; 05-18-2007 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much does it way. How the quality I dont have any tow hooks on my bumper and was thinking of adding some would that be able to handle it. Can you still add a winch with it?
Old 05-08-2007, 06:31 AM
JK Jedi

It weighs about 55 lbs. I wouldn't tow with it but it is pretty solid steel tube! I don't know whether a winch will fit, I don't have any plan for one for a long time. Long, long range plan is the AEV bumper, this is just to help protect the front end when I go play in the woods of Missouri on weekends!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default I did not see this for sale?

I wnt to JCW and could not find this bumper for sale? Cabn you send me the link? Who makes it? And how does it mount? Do you have to remove the rock guard below etc?

Originally Posted by armycop
Here is the new brush guard that fits over the factory bumper. It is a pretty sturdy piece, and it will keep those branches off my grille! I am looking at which lights I will be adding (there are mount holes for them). I got the guard at JCW for $209 plus shipping. The install took about two hours because the instructions suck!!

Old 05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
JK Jedi

You have to take off the plastic air dam and the panel between the grill and bumper. Then if you want, you can cut slits in the plastic and reinstall them over the mounting brackets for the brush guard. I chose to leave both off, I took the air dam off last week, and I am installing lights on the bar, so that area will look good anyway without the filler piece between the grille and bumper.
Old 05-08-2007, 12:08 PM
JK Junkie

Looks kind of like a freakish dual-horned rhinoceros, or a walrus with its tusks on the bottom jaw... looking pretty sharp!
Old 05-08-2007, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

could you please post some close up pics of where it attaches as well as a front on pic. thanks
Old 05-08-2007, 03:40 PM
JK Jedi

FRONT VIEW:

MOUNTING BOTTOM THEN TOP:

Old 05-08-2007, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

MOST APPRECIATIVE! thanks for taking those extra pics
Old 05-08-2007, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Lol. A bit big for me but it makes you JK look like a mean Rhino!

GRRR!!!

Quick Reply: New brush guard installed...