Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Highrock and a quick bra question!

Old 12-29-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool New Highrock and a quick bra question!

Hey all!

Just installed my new Highrock 4x4 bumper and am totally stoked... my PIAA 's should arrive tommorow so again, stoked!

A few shots:

And and a before shot for comparison:

Now for the quick question... a friend of mine bought me that bra for the holidays... I've never thought about running with one, but I figured I would throw it on and see how it looked...

Like the bra? Dislike? I am kinda torn so I need some community opinion

Thanks all!
Old 12-29-2008, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

tough call. I kinda like the bra.

in ur sig it says 205/70/17 Nittos.. I'm guessing that's a typo of 295/70 or 285/70 ... just a note.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KentuckyMud
tough call. I kinda like the bra.

in ur sig it says 205/70/17 Nittos.. I'm guessing that's a typo of 295/70 or 285/70 ... just a note.
Good catch thanks! They are 305's ;-)
Old 12-29-2008, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have to say if you are still using the stock air box then i blocks off some of the air getting to it.

BTW her nipples are still showing.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jkkat
I would have to say if you are still using the stock air box then i blocks off some of the air getting to it.

BTW her nipples are still showing.
Wow, thanks... I hadn't even considered performance

And the nipples comment went over my head; however, I do like nipples
Old 12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

like the bra
Old 12-29-2008, 11:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Bumper and bra look great!

If you do any highway driving, the bra will save you from rock chips. With all due respect to JKKAT (and you do have my utmost respect), I don't think there will be a significant impact on performance due to the restriction of airflow to the stock airbox. We are assuming there was any level of performance to begin with.

I installed a round weatherstrip-type seal underneath the stock rubber gasket to prevent the hood from fluttering about at highway speeds. The addition of the weatherstrip supports the stock rubber gasket from collapsing under high-speed airflow. It stops air from coming into the engine compartment between the hood and grill, thereby eliminating any resistance caused by the hood and prevents the hood from opening at speeds in excess of 50mph. There are 2 areas near the left and right edges of the hood & grill where there is no rubber gasket or weatherstrip and I think there is more than sufficient airflow coming in to feed the airbox.

I don't think the bra would would restrict airflow between the hood and grill as much as I have, so it should be OK. Besides, there is plenty of air coming in from underneath the engine compartment also - especially if you remove the stock plastic air dam thingy.

Congrats on the bumper - can't wait to see the PIAAs on it.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bra looks fine - but functionally it doesn't do much, so if you like the look - I say keep it. Otherwise fagettaboutit.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:14 AM
JK Freak

I like the bumper, not the bra. But that is just me
Old 12-29-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nclehmann
Bumper and bra look great!

If you do any highway driving, the bra will save you from rock chips. With all due respect to JKKAT (and you do have my utmost respect), I don't think there will be a significant impact on performance due to the restriction of airflow to the stock airbox. We are assuming there was any level of performance to begin with.

I installed a round weatherstrip-type seal underneath the stock rubber gasket to prevent the hood from fluttering about at highway speeds. The addition of the weatherstrip supports the stock rubber gasket from collapsing under high-speed airflow. It stops air from coming into the engine compartment between the hood and grill, thereby eliminating any resistance caused by the hood and prevents the hood from opening at speeds in excess of 50mph. There are 2 areas near the left and right edges of the hood & grill where there is no rubber gasket or weatherstrip and I think there is more than sufficient airflow coming in to feed the airbox.

I don't think the bra would would restrict airflow between the hood and grill as much as I have, so it should be OK. Besides, there is plenty of air coming in from underneath the engine compartment also - especially if you remove the stock plastic air dam thingy.

Congrats on the bumper - can't wait to see the PIAAs on it.
Thanks! And thanks for the clarification about performance man...

I can't wait to mount the PIAA's! Come on UPS dude...

Quick Reply: New Highrock and a quick bra question!