Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Sponsor wants your pics

Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not happy

hey travis i drive a semi truck, so i ordered my mickey thompsons over the phone from discount tire in thornton, co. over the phone i was told i would get $25 a tire for trade in, 500 miles on the old ones, and $180 a mickey. when i got there, they told me with the price of the mickey's they couldnt trade in my old tires. then argued with me and told me "well we will just take them off if your going to complain." i have 3 jeeps and have bought 15 tires in the last year, over the phone. will never go back.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by madrazo1231
hey travis i drive a semi truck, so i ordered my mickey thompsons over the phone from discount tire in thornton, co. over the phone i was told i would get $25 a tire for trade in, 500 miles on the old ones, and $180 a mickey. when i got there, they told me with the price of the mickey's they couldnt trade in my old tires. then argued with me and told me "well we will just take them off if your going to complain." i have 3 jeeps and have bought 15 tires in the last year, over the phone. will never go back.
Not knowing who you spoke to, I personally called this store and spoke with the manager this morning about this. His name is Damien. He was dissapointed to hear that you had this experience and has reassured me that he would like to help you. He has asked me to have you call him or come back down to the store, he will do what he can to make it right. Here's the stores phone number 303.255.7200. Or, If you feel more comfortable you call me directly (602.735.1868) and I will personally help you. I hope this helps.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

I have a question. When I lived in San Diego I always purchased my tires through Discount tires because I was pleased with the service. I now live in Sterling Colorado which is in the middle of know were. If I had tires and rims shipped to me, do I still get the same road hazard warranty that is good nation wide or if there is any type of problems with the shipment or tires after I have purchased them, what is my recourse of getting the problem fixed?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by JayDawg
I have a question. When I lived in San Diego I always purchased my tires through Discount tires because I was pleased with the service. I now live in Sterling Colorado which is in the middle of know were. If I had tires and rims shipped to me, do I still get the same road hazard warranty that is good nation wide or if there is any type of problems with the shipment or tires after I have purchased them, what is my recourse of getting the problem fixed?
The warranties are valid where ever you live. If you do have a problem with a tire the quickest way to get it fixed is to take it to a store near you. In your case, if something is wrong with one of the tires and we don't have a store in your area and you have bought certs, call us up tell us what's happening and we will ship you a new replacement tire Free! If something happens in shipping you can refuse the shippment and call us, we'll reship new product to you and we take up the problem with UPS. We can usually recomend a business in your area to have the tire swapped.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

We're getting a little off topic, I love all the stories and you all have really good questions. PM me if you like I would be happy to answer all your questions there. As for now,,, I need more pictures of your jeeps with the wheels and tires you bought from US. Keep them coming!!! I am planning on building the banners on Monday.
Old 08-24-2007, 10:41 PM
JK Newbie

Cool, thank you for answering my questions. I will be doing business with you guys as soon as my Jeep comes in in the next few weeks. One that happens I will post up some pictures for you!
Old 08-25-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by TravisDTD
We're getting a little off topic, I love all the stories and you all have really good questions. PM me if you like I would be happy to answer all your questions there. As for now,,, I need more pictures of your jeeps with the wheels and tires you bought from US. Keep them coming!!! I am planning on building the banners on Monday.
Yes, please keep this thread on topic. TravisDTD is looking for pictures of tires and wheels that were purchased from Discount Tire.
If you have other questions for TravisDTD please bring them to his attention in the Sponsoring Manufacturer & Vendor Forum and I am sure he will be happy to respond to them there.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:31 PM
JK Newbie

Default rims and tires from discount

33's with 18 inch rims
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jk topless 008_opt.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	2976  
Old 08-27-2007, 03:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default here in phoenix

greetings travis....tell sgt ollie arviso i said hello- been deployed 2 times with him to iraq!

anyways if you need a jk that is located here in phoenix for any shows let me know!!

sgt rock
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by sgt rock; 08-27-2007 at 03:29 AM.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Thanks for the pics guys, Keep them coming, i'm going to start working on the banners this afternoon so if anyone else wants to post up, let them fly.

Quick Reply: New Sponsor wants your pics