Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

New Trailer

Old 05-03-2015, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Trailer

Picked this up today: M1101. Lot's to do to turn it into a legit camping trailer.

The game plan is to build some marine grade storage boxes/cabinetry (using aluminum and 1/2" marine plywood) that's flush to the top of the trailer walls. I'll place them all on slides and allow for them to easily pull out to the tailgate. I'm considering have one or two small prep tables slide out (from behind the wheel well and out over the tailgate) and then swing out 45 degrees to create a cooking station (camp chef or similar).

I'll add a propane tank, small air compressor, and RV water pump with quick connects mounted to the back side of the trailer. This will allow for airing up, showering and clean up.

In an effort to reduce weight I'll likely use a tonneau cover or similar to cover it all.

The final addition will be adding tube bars mounted over the bed to allow for a trailer tent or instead of a tonneau cover possibly using a hard cover with enough strength to support 2 bodies to sleep on top with egg crate padding.

Thoughts? Anyone do a similar build?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1149424331.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	609256  
Old 05-04-2015, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

How does the JK tow it? That thing weighs about 1500lbs doesn't it? Been thinking about getting one as general haul crap around trailer but it just seems kind of heavy.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

1450 lbs. and it pulls great around town getting just under 15MPG. This trailer tracks really well and allows for short radius turns. Acceleration is still good, but I've yet to pull uphill. I'm running a 2011 JKU with the 3.8 and stock gears (for now).

I'm still calculating the added weight with the build, and plan on keeping it sub 2K.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The tree growing in the rear probably accounts for much of the weight.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor

I've been towing my M1102 for about a year now. GREAT trailer! So far I've had 10 37's, two full lifts and a couple other tidbits stuffed into it. All in all about an extra 1500+ lbs and not one issue pulling it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	M1102.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	609637
Old 05-06-2015, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet. Love the matching paint and logos. Do you pull it up mountains?
Old 05-06-2015, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UKCRD
The tree growing in the rear probably accounts for much of the weight.
Hahaha. Maybe, I should cut that sucker down to lessen the load?
Old 05-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Desert Snow
Sweet. Love the matching paint and logos. Do you pull it up mountains?
I live in Florida... Kill for a mountain any where near here. Seriously though it handles the foothills of the Appalachians' just fine. Running 4.88's on a 3.6l.

Thanks for the compliment!

Quick Reply: New Trailer