Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Off Road Expo 2007

Old 10-07-2007, 08:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How did our race Jeep look at the Pitbull booth? Us Georgia boys couldnt get out there for it.........
Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Ohhhhh... Nice skid plates.

I've been waiting for that Tuffy glove box replacement too. Cool!

Thanks for the pics WoL!

js.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:49 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by pe_jeep
Great pix wol, thanks for sharing. Whats your thoughts on the MORE fenders? Nice fit and finish?
Actually, they were very very nice. As SDMF, they really did have a nice fit and finish but they were one-offs made just for the show. If they can put these into production just as I saw them and at a reasonable cost, they would definitely give PUREJEEP a run for their money.

Originally Posted by bofer84
How about the skid plates, any new news on those...what they protect etc...
The Rock Hard skids come in sections and were designed to fit like puzzle or tetris pieces. They protect the oilpan/engine, trasmission/transfer case, gas tank (one that I really want!!! ) and EVAP canister. They are taking orders at the show and I was told they will be shipping in about 2 weeks.

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
How did our race Jeep look at the Pitbull booth? Us Georgia boys couldnt get out there for it.........
Great!! Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take any pics of it though. Sorry.

PS - wayoflifette and I took a TON more pics yesterday and will be getting them posted later on today with all them categorized for easier viewing
Old 10-08-2007, 07:54 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Okay, I wanted to let you all know that I've just added a TON more pics from the show and will try to organize everything into individual folders later on today - I'll keep you posted
Old 10-08-2007, 08:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pe_jeep
Great pix wol, thanks for sharing. Whats your thoughts on the MORE fenders? Nice fit and finish?
Originally Posted by SDMF
The MORE tube fenders looked really nice. They were the first set they did up, but they followed the body lines great. They said they had a couple small things they wanted to change on them before production - like notching the top of the tube so that the top plate was flush with the tube instead of on top of it. It is going to be a tough decision between these and the PureJeep ones. I want to see the pricing for each companies...
The MORE fenders were very nice. From the bolt configuration and the tubing, it looks as though your body panel will come off before the fenders come off. The front fender followed the body line perfectly and gave great protection at the bottom end, near the doors. The rear looked just as strong and also offered good protection, but there's about a 3/16ths gap between the body and the rear fender that looks "interesting" and could pose problems with body rust if you don't keep it clean.

The MORE rep stated that they were not yet in production, because the four fenders at the show took 30 hours to complete. They don't quite have the production setup finalized yet and the final version of the fender will look the same, but have a slight difference in how the fender folds over (or notches) the outer tubing. They were confident in that Production would start shortly before or after SEMA.

What I was seriously impressed with is the new MORE DIFF cover. Eddie has great shots of the one example. As soon as these bad boys are in Production, I will be picking up a pair.

But, staying with the fenders, I spoke at length with the Poison Spyder guys and they have finalized their new JK fender design and will be in Production for the SEMA show.

So, for me, I’ll wait ‘till MORE finalizes their production setup and Poison Spyder shows their design at SEMA before pillaging my girls’ college funds.

Originally Posted by bofer84
How about the skid plates, any new news on those...what they protect etc...
I liked the Rock Hard skid plates and they looked as though they were built as strong as my rear bumper. First off, the presentation was awesome. I loved how the colour coded the skid plates and made it easy for people to see how everything came together. The gas tank is super tough/ I am very interested in the Transfer case, Oil Pan, and Canister shields. The nice thing is it’s ready to ship… unlike Kilby, who is still working on production.

I spoke to Brad Kilby at length and he said that they have worked out all of the kinks and will be in production with the JK skid plates by SEMA. I’ve seen these up close and personal and they are beefy… and well made. I’m going to wait to see the final production product before choosing between Rock Hard and Kilby.

And finally, thanks to Mel and Co at ORE for the cool show gift!

Last edited by wayoflifette; 10-08-2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Please check your PM
Old 10-08-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

That Optima Battery Jeep is sweet! What fenders are on that Jeep?
Old 10-08-2007, 10:41 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drool...that paint job is awesome..and the right color!

Edit: WOW! I'm on page 48 and theres so much good stuff on display. Anybody know where I can sell my soul to raise some money?

Last edited by JackMac4; 10-08-2007 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC

Drool...that paint job is awesome..and the right color!

Edit: WOW! I'm on page 48 and theres so much good stuff on display. Anybody know where I can sell my soul to raise some money?

The picture doesn't do the paint job justice... it was pretty awesome. My only problem is I'd never want to scratch it.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM
JK Freak

two questions....

1. who makes the 3rd brake light - the one that attaches to the tailgate to be used with the rear tire carrier? and 2. how can i get it?
Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Which company made this skid plate?
Do you think this will attach to the Warn Rear Bumper?

Thanks
Jkevbo

Quick Reply: Off Road Expo 2007