Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Off Road Trailers!!

Old 02-18-2015, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up our M416 for $100. It was pretty rough, still is as far as dents. There isn't a smooth inch on the thing, but I'm not wasting time and $ making an off road trailer too pretty. I did blast the rust and dozen coats of paint off it.

I built a lid, slapped a tent on it and started using it as I built it up over the summer with new lights/harness, fenders, custom adapters/new wheels, etc...

Still plugging away at it, adding stuff as we use it and trying to get it ready for this season in what little spare time I have.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:05 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts
Default home built...

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030214.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	597500

Name:	P1030215.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	597501

Name:	P1030211.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	597502

Name:	P1030212.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	597503

lightweight, holds about 2500 lbs on the axle... waterproof, dustproof...

I've had it on several trips... the longest one being from Montana to Moab...and then doing the White Rim trail over three days... and hauling it back in an ice storm. It has went on a few hunting trips and such too. The top is strong enough to put a RT Tent on it... maybe like the new smittybuilt one for 800 bucks?

I don't know.... I have a great tent that zips unto the back of the jeep already.
But this trailer gives me the ability to haul 10 gallons of gas, and all my food and equipment, tools, fishing gear, chairs, coolers and 20 gallons of water. all in dry storage... bearproof... It was fun to build!

the outside has several spikes, am axle shaft for recovery, an ax, a shovel, a hatchet, fishing pole holders, a bow saw, a spare tire, the top can be folded over on each side on it's hinges and you can stack it over the top, you can also strap things to the top of it. The bck can be opened up as well... so access has three doors. it tracks inside the jeep wheel base, so it follows well on the trails. lots of GC.

downside... is the tires won't fit on my jeep.... and it is a pain to see when backing up.... by the time you see it in the mirror... it has turned too far.

Last edited by Sunnysideup; 02-18-2015 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by voodoocati
I picked up our M416 for $100. It was pretty rough, still is as far as dents. There isn't a smooth inch on the thing, but I'm not wasting time and $ making an off road trailer too pretty. I did blast the rust and dozen coats of paint off it. I built a lid, slapped a tent on it and started using it as I built it up over the summer with new lights/harness, fenders, custom adapters/new wheels, etc... Still plugging away at it, adding stuff as we use it and trying to get it ready for this season in what little spare time I have.
That looks fantastic! You got an amazing deal...was it a local find or an auction of some sort? I really like that set-up!
Old 02-19-2015, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Replaced this trailer

Name:	Load campout 13 001.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	597785

With this

Name:	4542111[1].jpg