Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

oh man this sucks.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oh man this sucks.

for those curious, i planned on doing a how-to on proper fender removal and applying herculiner on the fenders.

so........here i am getting ready to start doing my fenders and im sitting on the couch and im shaking up the can of liner. when all of a sudden i here this loud crash from the garage are. my wifes looks at me and "says that cant be good". we get up to go out to the garage and find this.

sorry for the crappy pics, my digi cam battery died as i was taking pics. i will post better ones as soon as my battery charges.

well seeing as how i havent moved the top yet i cant exactly see what got fubared but what i can see is, the hood(several spots), the cowl, the hard top(cracked on back left), the windshield upper bar.... and im sure there will be more.

in case your curious my pulley( currently use 3 of them) which was rated at 300lbs broke a weld.

-shaun h
Old 07-14-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Junkie

Ouch !! that sucks!! At least nobody got hurt. I was paranoid about this happening to mine, thats why I have 3 straps holding my top to the ceiling along with the pulley and winch.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

it also knocked over one my doors, so thats another messed up item.
dang this is gonna get expensive.

-shaun h
Old 07-14-2008, 04:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn that sucks man!! Sorry for your damage..
Old 07-14-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Wow! Sorry to see that happen. It's one thing to get trail damage but it really sucks when it happens at home. Looks like there might be enough damage to have a insurance claim.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

VERY SORRY FOR YOUR DAMAGE.. .. Thats why I could never park under a top like that.. TO CHICKEN.. I always fear the worst... SORRY AGAIN THAT IT HAPPENED TO YOU..
Old 07-14-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by toad
Is the pulley warranteed to hold that much weight? Maybe you can contact the company and show them what happened. Maybe something can come out of it? Sorry for the damage..that does suck.
Originally Posted by AZ Bulldog
Wow! Sorry to see that happen. It's one thing to get trail damage but it really sucks when it happens at home. Looks like there might be enough damage to have a insurance claim.
Warranty + insurance = AEV hood ?

Maybe something good will come of this, I keep looking at those pics and Im getting even more bummed out for you. Sorry man

Last edited by bly109; 07-14-2008 at 05:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

its always something im sorry this has happened to you,
Old 07-14-2008, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW that sucks, maybe do home owners insurance?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

Man, that's horrible. Hate it happened to ya. All I can think is maybe an AEV hood can come out of it? Probably cheaper then an OEM replacement. Good luck man, let us know how it works out.

Quick Reply: oh man this sucks.