Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Painted My New Shoes

Old 08-20-2009, 08:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good!
Old 08-21-2009, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Question??

If you don't mind sharing... How much does having them powdercoated run??

Thanks...
Old 08-21-2009, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepGreen

Thanks...
I was wondering the same thing...did u take them off and bring it to the place or did they do that for u?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice, and how long does the process take?
Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Freak

Good idea not painting the lug nuts. My buddy had his stock wheels on his g35 painted along with the lug nuts and he can't use an impact. It's hard to keep from scratching them even doing it by hand.
Old 08-21-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

thanks to all for the compliments.
i just got the wheels put on yestersay (wednesday) and i gave it in on monday. i paid 180 for the paint and 80 for demounting the tires and switching my TPMS. the only problem is i got what i paid for. its definintly smarter to go with the slightly more expensive. i asked the painter not to paint the part that dont show. So basicly one inch under the tire is painted, the face and the inserts, but the inside of the wheel is not painted
thank, jason
Old 08-21-2009, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeepGreen

Thanks...
Here in Dallas, it will cost me about $60 to powder coat the entire wheel. It was supposed to be $300 total, but since I'm getting 5 done, he's only asking $220. Haha I don't see the math in that, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Originally Posted by can10
I was wondering the same thing...did u take them off and bring it to the place or did they do that for u?
I'll take you through my process:

I just put my Jeep on some stands, took the tires and wheels to discount tire to get dismounted, and then took it to the shop. The guys at the shop couldn't dismount my wheels or store my Jeep while they are working, but I'm pretty sure there are some shops that can do that for you. Once they were all done, I hiked back to discount tire and got them mounted and balanced for $15 per shoe, plus I got them rotated for free while there. All in all, I paid about $500 total. I think it's a good deal if you want the looks, but your budget doesn't allow a new set of tires and wheels right now.

Only problem is that you have to find a paint to mach the center cap of the wheel with the new black. Thanks to the help of MopeJK, I just bought some acetone to clean the caps and then put a couple coats of semi-gloss spray paint for outdoor furniture. Up close you can see the difference in the color, but it's not noticeable from a few steps back.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love the balck looks good
Old 08-21-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by e0987c5t3
Here in Dallas, it will cost me about $60 to powder coat the entire wheel. It was supposed to be $300 total, but since I'm getting 5 done, he's only asking $220. Haha I don't see the math in that, but hey, I'm not complaining.

I'll take you through my process:

I just put my Jeep on some stands, took the tires and wheels to discount tire to get dismounted, and then took it to the shop. The guys at the shop couldn't dismount my wheels or store my Jeep while they are working, but I'm pretty sure there are some shops that can do that for you. Once they were all done, I hiked back to discount tire and got them mounted and balanced for $15 per shoe, plus I got them rotated for free while there. All in all, I paid about $500 total. I think it's a good deal if you want the looks, but your budget doesn't allow a new set of tires and wheels right now.

Only problem is that you have to find a paint to mach the center cap of the wheel with the new black. Thanks to the help of MopeJK, I just bought some acetone to clean the caps and then put a couple coats of semi-gloss spray paint for outdoor furniture. Up close you can see the difference in the color, but it's not noticeable from a few steps back.
Thanks for the reply... I will definitely shop around and see who has the best deal in San Antonio.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

LOOKING GOOD.

Quick Reply: Painted My New Shoes