Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Painting Chrome Wheels

Old 07-12-2012, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Painting Chrome Wheels

So I have chrome wheels on my jeep now that I am really really itching to spray paint. I know that I want them powder coated but that is just not an option right now. I am really planning on taking my time with the prep work but I was wondering the best kind of paint to use. I know I have seen this done by people on this site before but would love to hear from someone that has been through it. Pictures of how it turned out would be great too. I hope that I hear some positive because everyone else thinks that I am crazy!!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Haven't done this but go to duplicolors website and check out their black chrome paint. Looks real easy and turns out pretty sweet.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paint will not stick to chrome.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if it will stick but you could plastic dip them
Old 07-12-2012, 05:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Or bed liner just sand them down amd clean them good maybe some self eching primer (i just sanded and washed real good and just put rusto-luem bed liner nothing else and i just did the face of the wheel) i really just did it for looks and i dont know if it will work for chrome

Quick Reply: Painting Chrome Wheels