Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Photoshop Request: Batman Tumbler Desert Camo on JK

Old 07-27-2012, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
Nice job!! Must be a Photoshop Jedi!!
Thanks again. In a past life, I was. Moved onto computer hardware and networking, blah blah blah. It's nice to get back to doing some art every now and then.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:36 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holy cow... Now I am thinking about doing my black JKU with something similar.... Leave Gloss black but do the camp portion in a matte or satin black (or even dark gray). What do you guys think???
Old 07-27-2012, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

The neat thing about this type of camo pattern- it wouldn't be difficult to create on your actual Jeep. It's ALL straight lines, and could be done with the painter's tape of your choice. Old-school camo is harder, with all the curvy lines.

Notice that I tried to create negative space- like a zebra, the stripes here could be brown on tan, or you could look at it as tan stripes on brown. I tried to make the shapes roll and divert attention away from the hard lines of the Jeep. In some environment (Iraq?) I guess this might blend in with the surroundings. But it also just looks cool

Originally Posted by pjfla
Holy cow... Now I am thinking about doing my black JKU with something similar.... Leave Gloss black but do the camp portion in a matte or satin black (or even dark gray). What do you guys think???
I think that would look amazing. Really subtle, but in the right light would totally stand out.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

And I guess that might look something like this:

Old 07-27-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Doh! Whoa... and thanks! ONE more request please... Can you swap the blacks? Thanks A LOT!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Original poster here and I have finally gotten back online to check this out and this is awesome. Thanks so much for doing this up! For the longest time I thought about buying an older 07-09 to get Jeep Green, but seeing your photoshop is tempting me toward tan now.... Decisions decisions....
Thanks again
Old 07-28-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Newbie

Very cool!!!!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pjfla
Doh! Whoa... and thanks! ONE more request please... Can you swap the blacks? Thanks A LOT!
I can try- making it look good that dark was actually tough, black is hard to fake and keep the reflections/highlights. I'll try it later

Originally Posted by agent00latin
Original poster here and I have finally gotten back online to check this out and this is awesome. Thanks so much for doing this up! For the longest time I thought about buying an older 07-09 to get Jeep Green, but seeing your photoshop is tempting me toward tan now.... Decisions decisions....
Thanks again
You're welcome. This has made me think a custom vinyl sticker business could be something worth getting into!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

I've never started a business before, but I can say that if this forum is any indication - then there are alot of people out there that would pay if you could make your photoshop ideas come to life!
Old 09-29-2012, 09:01 PM
JK Newbie

Jahbone
I don't suppose you ever had time to reverse those blacks on the above jeep did you? I think the reverse effect would be easier to do since the gloss black would take up the majority of the space while the flat black could more easily be done as a vinyl sticker.

Quick Reply: Photoshop Request: Batman Tumbler Desert Camo on JK