Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pic request: Warrior Products Mirror Relocation Brackets

Old 06-04-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic request: Warrior Products Mirror Relocation Brackets

anyone have the warrior mirror brackets? I would like to see a pic of them and a pic of the pass side mirror with the door on to see how much you can see if you dont put the mirror back on the door.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Super Freak

i would like to see them also i am looking to relocate my mirrors cause i keep taking my doors on and off and it's getting to be a pain now im doing some searching for some good relocation brackets.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default im doing some searching for some good relocation brackets.

in my opinion, keep searching. i have them and they look pretty good with the doors off, but they don't really seem to work with the doors on unless you switch the mirrors back. that and they dont have a plate to cover the existing hole in the door.

i guess i was hoping for something like on my old YJ:

Old 06-04-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The warrior brackets only work with the doors off, the doors hit the mirrors with the mirrors installed and won't open. I swap the mirrors from the door bracket to the relocation bracket every time I remove the doors, one screw per side, the bracket can stay attached to the Jeep.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Rugged Ridge

I originally had the Warrior Relocation brackets, but they have sat on the shelf after one use. The vibration on these is so bad that you can't tell what you are looking at through the mirror. And as others have posted, you can't run these with the doors on, the door will hit the bracket. Even in the picture in the post above, you can see the door ding caused by the bracket.

I eventually got the Rugged Ridge Relocation brackets. The opinions on these varies. I personally like them. I was able to permanently mount them to the A pillar and they came with a filler plate for the door. You lose approximately 50% visibility on the passenger side when the doors are on. However, you can adjust the mirror to see most of the lane next to you if you do it right. Additionally, when the doors are off, they are excellent. They do not vibrate and they look like they came from the factory. Some people have complained that they did not come with the right screws, however, I did not have a problem. Just my .02.
Old 06-05-2008, 01:36 AM
JK Newbie

i too have the rugged ridge and i like them a lot, somepeople dont like the blockoff plate but if you dont care i would go with these. if you do get the RR then you should know before you get them that the instructions are prettymuch worthless so i would search on here to see how others have done them or e-mail rugged ridge directly and theyll give you the changes to the instrucktions. (why they dont just re-print them is beyond me)i retapped the blockoff plates and re-used OEM hardwhere, and used a washer on the bottom bolt on the bracket itself. i also got longer bolts to hold the mirrors. also the mirrors dont go all the way in due to the powdercoat. also i dont know what your fabrication skills are but there was someone who made a bracket to extend the pass. mirror. its on this post.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1JK's*
I originally had the Warrior Relocation brackets, but they have sat on the shelf after one use. The vibration on these is so bad that you can't tell what you are looking at through the mirror. And as others have posted, you can't run these with the doors on, the door will hit the bracket. Even in the picture in the post above, you can see the door ding caused by the bracket.
As long as the limiting strap is on the door will not hit the bracket when the mirrors are on the door.
Old 06-05-2008, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
anyone have the warrior mirror brackets? I would like to see a pic of them and a pic of the pass side mirror with the door on to see how much you can see if you dont put the mirror back on the door.
I don't have the Warrior brackets, but mine kick ass!
http://www.quadratec.com/products/13125_102.htm

The doors open all the way with zero trouble. The only thing I don't like about these are the instructions, but I can tell you how to install them hassle free...

Here's a couple pics of them with the doors on and off:

PM me if you buy them. You will need to buy 2 bolts = washers and I can tell you the easier way to install them. Will take you 15 minutes... took me a lot longer and was very frustrating.

fat
Old 06-06-2008, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am going to to buy them, you can post your instructions here.
Thanks
Old 06-06-2008, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is by memory, so please verify as you go along.

In the box you get four bolts and washers: These are for the waterproof covers ONLY! Do not attempt to use the factory Torx bolts to secure the waterproof covers! You will have to strip/re-thread them in order to make them work...

I took my mirror with me to the local hardware store to buy the bolts and washers for the bottom of the mirror - I believe they were Galvanized 2.5" x 5/16" bolts

Use the Torx bolts from the frame to secure the Mirror Relocation Bracket on your JK.

I spray painted all the bolts and washers black after about a week of having them on. One the greatest purchases ever!!! Some people complain about how much of the passenger side mirror is cut off by the door when it's on, but it doesn't bother me one bit. You can also put a little mirror in the bottom corner to help you see better.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I can always post more pics.

fat

Quick Reply: Pic request: Warrior Products Mirror Relocation Brackets