Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Pics of Tuffy Security Glove Box with 2011 or 2012 Tan Interior?

Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pics of Tuffy Security Glove Box with 2011 or 2012 Tan Interior?

Does anyone have any pics of the Tuffy Security Glove Box installed in a 2011 or 2012 JK with the tan interior? I found some pics of it here with the black interior, and it doesn't look too bad. (The bottom right corner doesn't look flush with the speaker grill though. Not sure what that's about.) Anyway, I'm curious to see what it looks like with the tan interior.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone? Bueller?
Old 11-15-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to see some pictures of this as well since I have the tan interior.
Old 11-19-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Bump for the weekend crowd.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mvymr
... (The bottom right corner doesn't look flush with the speaker grill though. Not sure what that's about.)
(insert usual disclaimer here: I have no relationship to or financial interest in Tuffy)

This thread may be stale but what the heck this might help someone.

I just installed the Tuffy #149 glove box in my 2012 (sorry, not tan). The lower edge of the new cover is NOT flush, just the way it looks in the OP's link to black interior.

It's only been 1 day so I'm still undecided how I feel about it. It's only annoying because in so many other respects Tuffy did such a spectacular job. I called & talked to them about it to make sure I'd done everything right. I gotta say, based on my original pre-purchase calls & this one, they have terrific people answering the phones.

The following is my opinion: the lower edge doesn't sit flush because there has to be some room for the large, HD hinge. The dash panel has all sorts of ridges & such for the OE box molded right along the lower edge. It seems clear that if Tuffy had tried to make it flush you'd be required to do a lot of careful Dremel work to remove all those ridges & it would be difficult if not impossible to do it neatly.

I think I'll eventually get used to it & of course there's just no comparison in security. I've been afraid all along that I was going to break off the OE handle accidentally.

Quick Reply: Pics of Tuffy Security Glove Box with 2011 or 2012 Tan Interior?