Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Plastic bumper vs. metal tailgate

Old 12-30-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plastic bumper vs. metal tailgate

Was out wheelin' and drove off a small ledge that caught the passenger rear bumper corner. Not a big deal, a little bit scraped up.

However, a couople of days later, I noticed that the bottom corner on my tailgate was bend outward.

And, as you can see, there is a "dimple" in the top of the bumper. Darn plastic bumper beat up on metal tailgate.

If only my Shrockworks Rear Stubby M-E-T-A-L bumper wasn't on back-order forever, I don't think I would have sustained such damage.

Ty...
Old 12-30-2008, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

That really sucks, did you try to bend the gate back or are you just going to leave it?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

I have a rear bumper I'll sell ya so you don't have to drive around with that "blemished" one.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AZchris
That really sucks, did you try to bend the gate back or are you just going to leave it?
Looked at it closer today to see what it would take to bend it back. But, with the bumper still installed, it is too tight to fit some tools in there to bend it back. Going to wait until my new rear stubby bumper is here, and then, during the installation, I'll bend it back into place.

Originally Posted by SaginawMike
I have a rear bumper I'll sell ya so you don't have to drive around with that "blemished" one.
Thanks, but I've been on the wait list for my Shrockworks Front & Rear Stubby bumpers now for months --> I suppose I'll go ahead and wait a bit longer . . . plus the blemish marks shows that it gets used, properly.

Ty...

Quick Reply: Plastic bumper vs. metal tailgate