Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Poison Spyder Bumper and License Plates - Pic request

Old 03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poison Spyder Bumper and License Plates - Pic request

Getting ready to pull the trigger on PSC Rockbrawler rear and Brawler light front but realized the rear tire carrier locking mechanism will block my license plate and the front has no mount area. How are you guys doing it?

Thanks!
Old 03-28-2011, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by theredx
Getting ready to pull the trigger on PSC Rockbrawler rear and Brawler light front but realized the rear tire carrier locking mechanism will block my license plate and the front has no mount area. How are you guys doing it?

Thanks!
I don't have either of these bumpers though they are my favorite. The Rockbrawler rear does come with a new license plate mount. If you look in the pic below, a license plate mount extends through where the center of the mounted wheel would be.

Old 03-28-2011, 05:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bluejk09
I don't have either of these bumpers though they are my favorite. The Rockbrawler rear does come with a new license plate mount. If you look in the pic below, a license plate mount extends through where the center of the mounted wheel would be.
What he said but, will only work with aftermarket wheels as the opening in the center of the factory wheels isn't large enough for the bracket to fit through.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:52 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys!
Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

Got mine installed a couple of weeks ago, bought a cheezy tag light from local auto parts store while I was waiting on the tag/3rd brake light from PSC... I love the bumpers and hopefully will get the new light installed this weekend. As for the old tag mount, I should have removed it before the install, not sure it will come off now without removing bumper. Thinking of some sort of custom plate to fill the void.

Last edited by enfuego; 03-29-2011 at 06:01 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:54 AM
JK Freak

several companies have a filler plate for removing the stock tag holder. i'm pretty sure mopar even makes one. might be easier than trying to go custom since the hole is on a curve and looks to be a PITA.

here ya go h ttp://www.justforjeeps.com/07jklipldepa.html

Last edited by JCKnauer22; 03-29-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: add link
Old 03-29-2011, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How does this carrier latch? I've been considering it for a while. What's the max tire size?
Old 03-29-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Harbourone
How does this carrier latch? I've been considering it for a while. What's the max tire size?
It appears to latch using a nadar pin (automotive style). And max tire size is 42". Jump on their website. A lot of good info and pics on the bumper tire carrier.

I'm ordering one of these bad boys today!!
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

For the front Brawler lite liscense plate:

You can sandwhich the plate between the fairlead and mount or drill out 2 holes in the liscense plate that match the 2 bolts for the fairlead.

Companies also make plate brackets that fit insde the fairlead or attach above it, I just wouldn't want it to be so easily stolen.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JCKnauer22
several companies have a filler plate for removing the stock tag holder. i'm pretty sure mopar even makes one. might be easier than trying to go custom since the hole is on a curve and looks to be a PITA.

here ya go h ttp://www.justforjeeps.com/07jklipldepa.html
Poison Spyder also makes a JK plate delete kit. It's like $14 on their website.

Quick Reply: Poison Spyder Bumper and License Plates - Pic request