Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Prodigy Performance Turbo Install On 2011 Sahara 6 Speed

Old 04-15-2012, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow thanks that's exactly what I'm looking for! Time to save the cash for it!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rays0852

I'll bet you beat my Pentastar.....but not by much on the HP (say 295).....TQ......I'm guessing 330.
His Hp numbers @ THE WHEELS may be close to your pentastar CRANK numbers. I am a boost freak myself and have the crave. My dodge @ 56lbs of boost is a rush I have a lust for. That truck @ 530 wheelhorse and 1k+ tq = fun and a fifth.

As long as the jk power on boost is not a-typical boost rush then even sweeter for crawl!
Old 04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Don't get me wrong, I love an awesome jeep.. But that challenger...
Old 04-15-2012, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Subscribed!!
Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christarp
Don't get me wrong, I love an awesome jeep.. But that challenger...
Nothing wrong with Lov'in my beast too!! It does bring a smile to my face every morning when I leave for work!
G
Old 04-16-2012, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does anything have to be done to beef up the 6sp? i dont know about anyone else, but i've always had manual cars and NEVER felt a clutch as weak as the one in my 6sp.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by brownimus
Depends if he measure at the wheels. If you're going by crank HP/TQ most of these kits will devour the Pentastar as far as power. Stock HP/TQ for the 3.6 is 180/150, dyno here:

youtube.com/watch?v=87CkeT6WSg4&list=UUGoxiFY9k5UC_-8Zbo2XPdw&index=13&feature=plpp_video

A Ripp on it's own will pull around 220/240, without the headers. I've seen dyno of the Prodigy upwards of 350/410. Insanity, but bear in mind that's TWELVE pounds of boost on the 3.8. And that's a lot. You'd be looking at race applications only. Punching it that hard on the street under typical driving duress will destroy it - guaranteed. Here's their numbers on various pressures:

http://prodigyperformance.com/wow

Edit: Forgot to add, what makes the Pentastar feel so good is the transmission. The WA580 is significantly better than the old four speed.
So you are telling me that the new 3.6 that had a crank rating of 83 HP more than the old 3.8 will give up almost 200 HP to the same motor at the wheels just by adding 12lbs of boost? I find that extremely hard to believe. I know 3.8L is a big motor to turbo, but that would mean a significant lag as well on the boost. And adding 83 HP and about 30lbs of TQ is what makes the Pentastar feel good. Yeah the Auto is better than the old one, but how could the new motor not be way better just with the 6 speed.

PS - my last car was a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 running between 14.7-15 PSI from the factory. Now that's a lot of boost. Many guys on our forum were running 18PSI with a simple tune and a couple at 23 with some mods.
Old 04-16-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

12 lbs of boost gives you over the 300 hp mark to the wheels way more then the 3.6, also your forgetting parasitic losses ripp did a dyno of the 3.6 and it's only 20-30 hp more then the 3.8 to the wheels if my memory serves me right. This kit is awesome for the 3.8
Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rays0852

PS - my last car was a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 running between 14.7-15 PSI from the factory. Now that's a lot of boost. Many guys on our forum were running 18PSI with a simple tune and a couple at 23 with some mods.
Guys running 18 PSi with a tune.....Not without some ARP head studs, Perhaps manifold Studs (The Factory bolts Suck)....Real gaskets if not O-ringed and a few others I would do to keep the Juices inside the motor. MazSD 3 nice rig. I do Love FI....and have many builds under my belt......most of them not using kits. I looked this kit over quite hard.....Prodigy did a sweet job! Great performance....No Lag....good smooth power.....well thought out, I could find a single "I would do this Dif" .....with quality parts and everything in one kit....just need a small tool box to install!

I'll hit the Drums this thursday to see how everything is working....check the tune....check the numbers!! I'll send my data to Prodigy....Gotta love a shop that will tweek the tune for customer wants!

G
Old 04-16-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't wait for dyno numbers, You know if they made forged pistons and rods for this motor, along with head studs etc, if there was a way to build it forged along with a proper fuel system, I'd be all over this, only bad thing is the auto tranny I got...otherwsie, I'd love a turbo JK it'd be badass , Keep us updated!. and a

Quick Reply: Prodigy Performance Turbo Install On 2011 Sahara 6 Speed