Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 1: Front Coil Overs

Old 08-25-2008, 01:06 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are they going to offer a bolt on, no welding required version???
Old 08-25-2008, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by a-squared
Doubt it. Mel would obviously be the one to ask but with a set-up like this you want a welded shock mount in place. You don't spend that kinda money for a bolt on shock kit. This is really a top of the line performance front end kit and King is the leader when it comes to custom racing shocks. Not to downplay it at all but despite the pics of the cutting and welding it's really not that crazy of an install.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Newbie

You mentioned the on-road ride is outstanding. Did you have to adjust any of the steering geometry? How do you feel the kit would handle during an emergency panic stop or lane change compared to your other lift kits? Did you gain or lose any lift with this kit?
Old 08-25-2008, 01:58 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by QKSILVER
You mentioned the on-road ride is outstanding. Did you have to adjust any of the steering geometry? How do you feel the kit would handle during an emergency panic stop or lane change compared to your other lift kits? Did you gain or lose any lift with this kit?

Also, does this kit reduce the head bobbling on approaches full of little bowling ball sized rocks?
Old 08-25-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by QKSILVER
Can't speak for the Wayoflife crew but my ride is outstanding in all aspects, On Hwy, Off-Road, and everywhere in between. It’s been tested on some of the toughest terrain and ashamed to say driven at over 100mph on the hwy and rides like a caddy. It can feel a little soft in the front end but I personally don't mind that. I guess during a hard stop the front end might sink a little but nothing that would affect stopping safely. There are going to be differences on each vehicle based on what kinda arm kit you have etc etc,. The front end height is now adjustable due to the coil-over's and can be adjusted to accept 42" tires by adjusting the coils. Sorry but I can't remember if there was an issue with adjusting the steering, if so it's an easy adjustment and Mel would handle that for you no problem. I have had no issues with my steering. Mel can explain a lot more in detail and if anybody is serious about this upgrade I would strongly suggest takin a drive down to Fullerton so Mel can give you a tour and show you first hand what’s involved in the kit...that is if you live locally of course, otherwise give em a ring...super nice guy.

Long download (15-20 min) but shows the EVO in action during a recent trip.
http://dc14.4shared.com/download/599.../SwampLake.wmv
Old 08-25-2008, 03:23 PM
JK Newbie

OK here's a stupid question. Would a stock Rubicon Unlimited require both front and rear coil systems to be installed at the same time?
Old 08-25-2008, 03:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Please open a shop on the east coast!!!!Please please
Old 08-25-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TYCOON12
Hands down the best suspension mod on my JK to date. If you have the cash the ride is phenomenal and the flex on the rocks is outstanding.
Sick, Stupid, Crazy, Green with Envy Flex,...!!!!

Can this be installed on ANY lift, and how much does this thing cost???

Should I do the Hemi first, and then this? Or visa-versa???

(Not that I have the dough to do either, but DAMN I want to do both!)

WOL, would you say that you think this is a safer on road system?

The off road flex is crazy. I don't know how you manage to be so reserved in comparing this to ANY long arm. I have nowhere near that kind of flex.
Old 08-25-2008, 05:26 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jonsjeep
what do you do about the wire to the hubs for the ESP???
as TYCOON12 has already stated, everything stays the same - the wiring just gets rerouted a bit to allow for more droop.

None of that changes, you retain all the ESP wires as the stock vehicle sits now.
yup

Originally Posted by a-squared
there has been talk of this but honestly, i would just have it burned in as that's what will serve you best.

Doubt it. Mel would obviously be the one to ask but with a set-up like this you want a welded shock mount in place. You don't spend that kinda money for a bolt on shock kit. This is really a top of the line performance front end kit and King is the leader when it comes to custom racing shocks. Not to downplay it at all but despite the pics of the cutting and welding it's really not that crazy of an install.
honestly, i don't know if i could have said it better myself
Old 08-25-2008, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is amazing flex. Wayoflife, could you give some insight on the on-road performance? How does it ride? Also how much are we looking at to have the entire front end done? I'm making a trip out there in spring 2009 and would like to start saving to possibly have this done while I'm out there. Appreciate it!

Quick Reply: Project-JK Gets Off Road Evolution EVO-flex - Part 1: Front Coil Overs