Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: Should i paint the Xenon flares?
Painted black body matched
51.18%
leave them plastic
48.82%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Project: JK (re)build Final touches

Old 01-11-2010, 03:14 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
how much for the jk?
as-is, $14000 ... if i do some more detail work $15,500. that's what she's on craigslist for. basicly just enough to get myself a nice-ish truck to tow the 91.

Originally Posted by m(a)ce
nick doesn't need a DD?
Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 AM
JK Newbie

jk for sale ... i bet someone wants it!
Old 01-14-2010, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

meeting someone to look at my JK tonight ... wish me luck as i would love to pay off 1 of my 2 student loans and have a few bucks to build this tj!!

OK, finaly got to workin on it some. the tranny was low on fluid and is great now. the motor however ... not so much

first it was fine when cold ... the dude had BRAND new oil in it so i was a little suspect, but there was also new plugs/cap/rotor. as she warmed up however what sounded like an average lifter tick got worse. gota be a sticky rocker or broken spring or something cuz it idled fine but spit and popped when on the gas.

wtf, lets drive it. got going, got on the gas hard, cleared up and ran great! ... for a few seconds before it cracked and popped again. repeaded this a few times. only making us more sure of a vavle issue and the noise was just a mild backfire into the exhaust.

take the valve cover off, merky oil in the lifters. clean em all up and run it to see if they are all gettin oil or not. sure enough all valves are gettin oil just fine. when reved the tick is a lot worse now cuz we can hear strait into the motor ... not a valve. and now all that new oil coming up onto the rockers is nice and thin and full of coolant ... and the coolant is full of oil.

that 2.5 = spent! would be and easy rebuild for under $400, or swap in a junk yard motor off craigslist for less then $300. the latter might be what happens soon as i'm trying to sell my JK, however eventualy some form of an LS motor will find a home in this little TJ.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Newbie

Well I'm meeting the Guy who's buying the JK right now, she is sold!

Now on to my project ... do I buy the 575hp suppercharged LS1 for the teej?

Quick Reply: Project: JK (re)build Final touches